autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Come Meet Mike Phillips at the 303 Booth at the Mecum Auction in Kissimmee, Florida! Friday, January 10th and Saturday, January 11th

The family and I are in Orlando for a weekend vacation today, the boy and I may run over and check things out.

Mike Phillips

Re: Come Meet Mike Phillips at the 303 Booth at the Mecum Auction in Kissimmee, Florida! Friday, January 10th and Saturday, January 11th

Caught up with PGBCruiser aka Peter at Mecum!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Likes brianc636, PGBCruiser, Diner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I stopped by a couple of times and you were busy doing demos and didn’t want to interrupt. What a great event.

Post Thanks / Like

Would have liked to have been there for the Bullitt sale. I bet it was crazy. $3.4 Million, wow !

Bullitt "Fun Facts" :

- The chase scene wasn't even in the original script for the film.

- Just (2) '68 Mustang 390 GT 2+2 Fastbacks and (2) '68 Charger 440 Magnums were used in the film. Both Chargers and one of the Mustangs were junked right after the film was shot.

- On interior shots, you can tell when McQueen is driving vs. when Bud Ekins is driving. When McQueen is driving, the rearview mirror is tilted down to show his whole face; when the mirror is tilted up and you can only see the bottom part of a face, it's Ekins driving.

- Bill Hickman, the actor who played the Charger driver actually did the driving. He later did other car driving stunts in movies, including The French Connection. And he was driving his buddy James Dean's station wagon and trailer, following Dean in the Porsche Spyder, the day Dean crashed and died. Hickman pulled Dean's body from the wreckage.

6. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great to see you at Mecum today Mike, thanks for taking the time to chat and share your wisdom!
    Always a pleasure and privilege to learn from the best.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by PGBCruiser View Post

Great to see you at Mecum today Mike, thanks for taking the time to chat and share your wisdom!

Always a pleasure and privilege to learn from the best.

Great to see you Peter.

Thanks for stopping by the 303 Booth!

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by brianc636 View Post

I stopped by a couple of times and you were busy doing demos and didn’t want to interrupt.
    So sorry to hear this.... I wish you would have interrupted.

When working in a booth, if you're making noise, (running a polisher), it always works to draw people in. I've been demonstrating on black hoods since 1987 when I first started at Meguiar's and as of this month that makes 33 years of doing demos no black hoods, running the polisher and answering questions.

Quote Originally Posted by brianc636 View Post

What a great event.
    I've worked at a LOT of cars shows in my life and a few auctions. The Mecum Auction is like nothing else I've experienced.

For anyone into cars, if you ever have the opportunity to attend a Mecum Auction, by all means GO!

And wear comfortable walking shoes....

10. Likes brianc636 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for being part of the 303 team this year. It was great having you in the booth. I wish i could have made it down, this is the first Kissimmee Auction i've missed in 4 years due to schedule conflicts. It looks like it was a great time and thankfully the weather cooperated.

12. Likes Diner liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by MPBGT View Post

Thanks for being part of the 303 team this year. It was great having you in the booth.

I wish i could have made it down, this is the first Kissimmee Auction I've missed in 4 years due to schedule conflicts.

It looks like it was a great time and thankfully the weather cooperated.

Hi Matthew,

It was our pleasure. And it was a blast.

Post Thanks / Like

This looked like an incredible event. What fantastic photos too Mike, it’s always cool seeing pictures of Forum Members, Mike Phillips fans & Detailers getting photos with you. I know this means something more than a celebrity status to you too - I believe the folks that want to have pictures with you aren’t doing so because you’re a TV personality & such, it’s because they have encountered in some form (whether it be taking part in a class you have held or an article by you that they have read) that Mike Phillips experience.

I would like to have made it along to this but timing wasn’t on our side unfortunately.

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12