autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Microsoft Edge - DOA

Microsoft Edge - DOA

Tried using the new Microsoft Edge Browser on this forum, and it's special unique feature is it adds code like FONT styles to your writing. Near as I can tell, it adds more and more font code anytime you re-open a post causing the volume of text to grow and grow.

Absolutely ridiculous.

Delete.

2. Thanks vincec thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Microsoft Edge - DOA

The only thing Internet Explorer and/or Edge are good for is to download Chrome. Then you instal that and never use the Microsoft browsers again.
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post
    The only thing Internet Explorer and/or Edge are good for is to download Chrome. Then you instal that and never use the Microsoft browsers again.
    FYI, the source code for Microsoft's Edge is Chromium.

Personally I use Firefox as it collects far less user data and provides better protections as compared to the obtrusive Google/Chrome.

Post Thanks / Like

I have an advance computer network tech I've known for a long time and says the MS Edge is a waste of time. If he doesn't use it or trashes it, I won't use it.

Google/Chrome is what I use
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 57Rambler View Post
    FYI, the source code for Microsoft's Edge is Chromium.

Personally I use Firefox as it collects far less user data and provides better protections as compared to the obtrusive Google/Chrome.
    It might be the same source but Microsoft manages to make it a piece of crap when adding their touch.
    I don’t mind the spyware google implements on Chrome, it’s the price we pay for convenience. There are smart speakers all around my house listening to us as well. We can’t expect privacy anymore to live in a modern world.
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

In my head I was thinking the Micro Fiber Towels with non silk edges. I have a ton of towels like that and was nervous to open this thread cuz I love those towels with the “microsoft” edges.

Silly me!! Lol
    Jim

8. Likes SWETM, luvmyrv liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post

In my head I was thinking the Micro Fiber Towels with non silk edges. I have a ton of towels like that and was nervous to open this thread cuz I love those towels with the “microsoft” edges.

Silly me!! Lol

Ha ha....

That's funny!

Mike Phillips

Here's the deal...

I'm not browser-stupid. I received a new laptop for Christmas early. Last year I received a MacBook laptop and I tried for 1 year to figure out how to use the file system and also learn video editing. I'm not one to give up but when it comes to Mac computer operating systems... I've given up. I have given my wife the MacBook and for her needs its perfect.

So for Christmas, I wanted a Dell XPS 15 with all the bells and whistles but that was going to ring in at close to $3000.00 with the 2 Terabyte hard rive. Instead, I chose a new ASUS that has everything the Dell XPS 15 offered for $1,300.00 including,

ASUS - 2-in-1
    15.6" 4K Ultra HD Touch-Screen Laptop
    Intel Core i7
    16GB Memory
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050
    2TB HDD + 256GB SSD

Now here's where MS Edge comes into play. It came preloaded with the computer. I like to give people the benefit of the doubt, (been typing that on this forum for 10 years, like when a new member joins and in their first post they share a link to an outside website/store), so I have MS the benefit of the doubt and tried using the pre-loaded Edge browser. Seem top work just fine and then I answered this new member's questions here,

Several Detailing Questions

I went to edit my post to add a YouTube link and links to a few articles and when I opened my post up in Code View, I could see all the extraneous code the Edge browser inserted. Mostly fonts, colors and alignment BB codes.

Nothing malicious but nothing needed. So that killed any chance I would or will ever use that browser.

I won't by a Chrome anything and I'm not going to help Skynet by using their browser.

I've downloaded both Firefox and Brave and am now good to go on the new laptop. Loving the new laptop by the way. Since buying it at our local BestBuy, its gone off sale and after taxes will be $1600.00 plus. Still seems to be a good deal for what you get. I've never owned ASUS before but it gets great reviews.

Mostly I needed my own copy of Windows 10 and Microsoft Office as I prefer to type how-to books in MS word and that's what I'm working on, new how-to books. Everyone has their own opinion, that's part of life. Lots of people feel strongly about their own opinion, most won't take the time to write a book about it. I have 5 published books to date. Becoming an author was one of the best things I've ever done. In part it's a perception thing. Being an author means being perceived as an expert on the topic. Whether a person truly is an expert or not is debatable but the perception aspect is real.

As an old friend from 3M used to always say to me back when we worked together in Kevin Brown's Meguiar's booth in the late 1990's

Perception is reality

Anyway, liking the new laptop but never using MS Edge.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Here's the deal...

I'm not browser-stupid. I received a new laptop for Christmas early. Last year I received a MacBook laptop and I tried for 1 year to figure out how to use the file system and also learn video editing. I'm not one to give up but when it comes to Mac computer operating systems... I've given up.
    I’ve been using a Mac desktop for over 11 years and I still don’t understand Apple’s filing system. Love their phones and iPads, but don’t get their filing system either. I use Windows at work and it is just more intuitive as a desktop. iPhones and ipads are easy to use. I wish the desktop and MacBook were as easy too.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by LEDetailing View Post

I’ve been using a Mac desktop for over 11 years and I still don’t understand Apple’s filing system. Love their phones and iPads, but don’t get their filing system either.

I use Windows at work and it is just more intuitive as a desktop. iPhones and ipads are easy to use. I wish the desktop and MacBook were as easy too.

Vindicated.

I have no problems With my iPhone and iPad either. Mac interface? This is what I call

Taking something that should be super simple and making it super complicated for zero good reasons or logic.

Thanks for sharing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast