autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: NEWS FLASH!!!!! The new FLEX XCE 10-8 125 Corded Polisher is NOW IN STOCK!

I'm trusting you on this one Mike / AutoGeek. Placing an order for one today to compliment my 3401 units.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post

I'm trusting you on this one Mike / AutoGeek.

Placing an order for one today to compliment my 3401 units.

Thank you for your trust.

I hope they still have a few in stock? Did your order go through.

I hope you do like it. I've shared why I like it but I've also stated when I NEED to go as fast as I can I still use the original BEAST.

When I don't have to bust out a car in Light Speed I always great this new FLEX the Supa BEAST.

1. Lighter.
    2. Quieter.
    3. Smoother.
    4. Cooler.

But, a tick slower on the RPM and OPM. Not a deal breaker when the trade off are the above listed items.

I'll dig up my exact comments when I get to work.

Also - did you get the 6" backing plate to go with it?

To me this IS the DEAL BREAKER. I only use the Supa BEAST with the 6" backing plate and I truly think FLEX made a mistake selling it with the 5" backing plate.

Because it's CORDED it has the POWER to turn and churn larger pads so the larger backing plate and thus larger pads enable US to take full advantage of the power.

3. Thanks VitreousHumor thanked for this post
    Likes VitreousHumor liked this post
    Mike Phillips

I'm trusting you on this one Mike / AutoGeek. Placing an order for one today to compliment my 3401 units.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post

As promised....

From this article,

FLEX Power Tools Nicknames - All cool tools should have a nickname - not a part number -Mike Phillips

Continued....

Some people have asked or wondered about the differences between the 3 different version of the original 8mm gear-drive BEAST.

BEAST = 480 RPM and 9,600 OPM

Supa BEAST = 430 RPM and 8,600 OPM

CBEAST = 380 RPM and 7,600 OPM

Here's my take on the above 3 gear-driven tools

The BEAST
    If I REALLY want to bust out a job and plow through it as fast as humanly possible I use the BEAST.

The Supa BEAST
    If not trying to hit Warp Speed - I grab the Supa Beast, much more enjoyable to use. Amazing tool. Smoother, quieter, lighter and cooler than the original.

The CBEAST
    If I have an easy job, that means the car has only light swirls, scratches, etc. and I'm not in a hurry then I grab the CBEAST.

Pads for the above tools

The BEAST and the Supa BEAST - Both with the 6" Backing Plate

I use the Lake Country 6.5" Force Hybrid Foam Pads, specifically the ORANGE, WHITE and BLACK pads. You can tackle just about any car project with these three pads.

I also like the RUPES 7" foam POLISHING pads due to the TAPERED edge design. It gives you a little extra reach into tight areas without getting the backing plate too close to what you're buffing around. These would be RUPES 7" YELLOW and WHITE pads.

For POLISHING gel-coat boats I like the RUPES 7" blue and green pads. And yes, that reads correctly, I use these pads for POLISHING - not cutting or correcting. I tend to use a rotary buffer with wool pads to cut gel-coat boats.

For the CBEAST

At this time I don't think there's a PERFECT pad for this tool but I do like the 6" RUPES BigFoot pads, (the foam pads), and the Buff & Shine Uro-Tech pads.

Hope that helps everyone and anyone thinking about getting any of the FLEX 8mm gear-driven tools with some suggestions on backing plates and pads too.

Mike Phillips

One more thing....

I walked out to the warehouse to see how many Supa Beasts were left before we get another shipment.

Looks like 4 units are left.

And only a few PXE 80s and on the other side I only saw 2 BEASTS and they were both the HD version - 25' cord.

Didn't see any normal BEASTS.

We're low on a lot of tools and it's all due to the Covid-19 Pandemic.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for your trust.

I hope they still have a few in stock? Did your order go through.

I hope you do like it. I've shared why I like it but I've also stated when I NEED to go as fast as I can I still use the original BEAST.

When I don't have to bust out a car in Light Speed I always great this new FLEX the Supa BEAST.

1. Lighter.
    2. Quieter.
    3. Smoother.
    4. Cooler.

But, a tick slower on the RPM and OPM. Not a deal breaker when the trade off are the above listed items.

Also - did you get the 6" backing plate to go with it?

To me this IS the DEAL BREAKER. I only use the Supa BEAST with the 6" backing plate and I truly think FLEX made a mistake selling it with the 5" backing plate.

Because it's CORDED it has the POWER to turn and churn larger pads so the larger backing plate and thus larger pads enable US to take full advantage of the power.

My order did go through and is shipping today. I just got the tracking number. Honestly, I didn't even compare the RPM or OPM, I just ordered it based on your comments about it. I did not order the larger backing plate as I'll likely keep this one set up with the 5" on it and leave my original 3401 with the larger backing plate for when I need to use my larger pads. I used my Rupes Mille this way as well but just sold it this morning!
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Mike Phillips

My order did go through and is shipping today. I just got the tracking number.
    Good to hear.

Honestly, I didn't even compare the RPM or OPM, I just ordered it based on your comments about it.
    And honestly - I don't care about those numbers on paper at all. I just grab and go.

I did not order the larger backing plate as I'll likely keep this one set up with the 5" on it and leave my original 3401 with the larger backing plate for when I need to use my larger pads.
    I think I have a spare 6" BP. Send me your shipping address and I'll send it to you. This way you can test out the tool both ways and see which way you like it the best.

I used my Rupes Mille this way as well but just sold it this morning!
    Good for this guy.

Post Thanks / Like

My order did go through and is shipping today. I just got the tracking number. Honestly, I didn't even compare the RPM or OPM, I just ordered it based on your comments about it. I did not order the larger backing plate as I'll likely keep this one set up with the 5" on it and leave my original 3401 with the larger backing plate for when I need to use my larger pads. I used my Rupes Mille this way as well but just sold it this morning!
    Curious as to why you sold the Mille?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Can't wait to get mine. The girlfriend is supposed to be ordering soon for my upcoming birthday. I have a huge collection of 5" Lake Country Force Hybrid pads, if 6" is going to be better, I'll have to start a 6" collection!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WRAPT C5Z06 View Post
    Curious as to why you sold the Mille?
    Was not holding up to the same use as my Flex. I have had it for two years and it's been in twice to get rebuilt. First time under warranty and no charge the next for $95 plus shipping. I've got a Flex 3401 that is twice as old and hasn't even had it's brushes replaced. It's a beast. Otherwise, outside some quirks about it, I did like the Mille. If someone is just polishing their own personal cars, I'd likely say go with Mille. It's smooth, fast and very nice.

I hope I don't regret getting another 3401. Just had to try the newer one even if it's a tick slower in RPM's and OPM. I was never 100% happy with the Mille ergonomically so it will be interesting to see what I think of the new XCE version. I'll be sure to post it up though.

11. Thanks WRAPT C5Z06 thanked for this post
    Likes WRAPT C5Z06 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Was not holding up to the same use as my Flex. I have had it for two years and it's been in twice to get rebuilt. First time under warranty and no charge the next for $95 plus shipping. I've got a Flex 3401 that is twice as old and hasn't even had it's brushes replaced. It's a beast. Otherwise, outside some quirks about it, I did like the Mille. If someone is just polishing their own personal cars, I'd likely say go with Mille. It's smooth, fast and very nice.

I hope I don't regret getting another 3401. Just had to try the newer one even if it's a tick slower in RPM's and OPM. I was never 100% happy with the Mille ergonomically so it will be interesting to see what I think of the new XCE version. I'll be sure to post it up though.
    Thanks. Does one cut faster than the other?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '03 Corvette Z06

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast