Thanks Mike this article is immensely helpful. All makes sense now.

I have one last question for you in regards to the GG 5” backing plates. In your G9 review (fantastic article btw) you state that you used the “older” GG 5” backing plate (part # 10550) that was designed for the G6 because the newer plate designed for the G9 (part# 10555) was not available yet. AG carries both plates, however, the newer plate specifically for the G9 (part number 10555) is out of stock with no back in stock date. Not wanting to wait, I purchased my G9 with the older plate (10550) which you used with the G9. Do you think I will have an issue using the older plate or should I source the newer plate directly from GG? I asked this in the AGO GG section last week and did not receive a response from AG. I do not want to take short cuts or limit the equipments’ capabilities with incorrect accessories. For what it’s worth, on the GG website, when you search for the older part number, you are redirected to the newer part number so it definitely appears that the older part is out of production and no longer supported.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app