autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Winter maintenance

That wouldn't be to bad if he would of gave you a few pounds of pork.

2. Likes Rrthomas78 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Me Time View Post
    That wouldn't be to bad if he would of gave you a few pounds of pork.
    That would have been nice! It's crazy around here they will give you the boot if you bring a bucket with your own stuff...but its totally fine to destroy their equipment scrubbing grill grates

Sent from my SM-A205U using Autogeekonline mobile app

4. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rrthomas78 View Post
    That would have been nice! It's crazy around here they will give you the boot if you bring a bucket with your own stuff...but its totally fine to destroy their equipment scrubbing grill grates

Sent from my SM-A205U using Autogeekonline mobile app
    That's one of the craziest I heard so far when it comes to the coin-op wash bays LOL. What I wonder if it's such of a healthy thing to clean those grill grates in a coin-op wash bay. But maybe not so much of a problem if you heated them up very thoroughly before use it again. Man that grease in the wash brushes is not easly going away. Have destroyed some brushes when getting the grease lube that's used in the cranes on tractors and stuff. Have used a lot of different potent degreasers with 1 brush in particualar and it's not going off LOL. Animal fat and such can be very hard to desolve and is mostly the aggitations that fix it.

Get me to thinking on getting afterwards when has cleaned up his bbq equipment and you have not seen it. Start to use the brush and cleaning. And notice the cool smell they have in their cleaners that smells like BBQ LOL. Then wondering why my car gets dirtier when I wash it LOL. Yeah I don't ever use the brushes in those coin-op wash bays. If though the combined PW with brush attachement would fit in the vehicals wheel wells I would use it or the parts I reach on the undercarriage. Which I think that has already done before or they are just so worn downed so they should have been replaced. So would not feeling bad about it. I have looked in to the price of such a wand from Kärcher and they are very expensive with combined PW nozzle tip and the brush that you move back and forth. As a not a business I would get it for a little over $700 for just the spray gun handle with the wand this is. When new though they are quite high quality and could be of use on like semi-trucks and tractors and such. Would not use it on the car paints though but those with the industrial paint on them.

Post Thanks / Like

I also enjoy BBQ Pork.

7. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Best ever was I saw a guy pressure wash out his new Subaru right in front of me while I was waiting for the bay...

2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

9. Likes Tieguy77, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DetailKitty View Post
    Best ever was I saw a guy pressure wash out his new Subaru right in front of me while I was waiting for the bay...

The interior??
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

So couldnt wash my ride for a three weeks (holidays, family, lazy) so did a new to me heavier maintenance clean up.

IK foam 12 pro
    BIlt Hamber auto foam
    IK foam 1.5
    P&S Brake Buster

So I drive to closest touchless/wash bay spray down with BH AF with the IK 12 pro over the entire car. I BB the front wheels with IKF 1.5, agitate with detail brush then pressure rinse whole car.

I then BB rear wheels and agitate then drive through touchless wash. I like the one around me becaase for $8 i can get a basic wash that doesnt use the rainbow soap. $10 total for second rinse and spotless rinse.

Its less than 5 mins from home so ill drive home to finish.

Once home

IK multi pro 2
    Mckee’s n914
    Ammo aerator
    Ammo Frothe
    Ammo Hydrate.

I presoak with the Multi pro and n914 because it was raining other wiseci would skip this step as the touchless does an 85% job. I figure if their aby particulates in the rain the n914 would help encapsulate. For sure over kill but whatever.

I then use Frothe with Ammo aerator. Frothe for me is the best way other than a bucket wash to clean your car 1000% worth the premium price.

Follow up with hydrate and a PFM to dry then N914 for the wheels to get them spotless. Will be raining all week but had to get the crud off and will be coating wheels with Polish Angel Supersport tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12