autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's
 

» Detailing Classes

New Dates Available for the Autogeek Roadshow!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    Member PM5C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Scottsdale AZ
    Posts
    79
    Post Thanks / Like

    Topper for Liquid Souveran

    Hi Mike:

    Welcome back from SEMA.

    Just completed a detail finishing with Rupes Diamond topped with Liquid Souveran. Great results. (Photos and thread here.)

    Do I need or can I use another topper over the Souveran? I have Rupes 808 that I'm anxious to try, but not sure that I'll get any benefit from it, or worse, work backwards.

    What do you think?

    Regards,
    Peter

  2. #2
    Senior Member acuRAS82's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA
    Posts
    2,071
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Topper for Liquid Souveran

    Rupes 808 appears to be a spray on sealant. There’s no mention of using it as a topper but it won’t hurt. I’m just not sure you’ll get the full benefit (durability, looks) of Souveran or 808 by using it. It shouldn’t hurt protection capability in any way though. And maybe you’ll like the mixed look of both.

    The preferred toppers from Pinnacle for Liquid Souveran are Souveran Spray Wax which looks similar to Souveran, same polymers and some carnauba; or Pinnacle SiO2 Spray. The latter will improve beading and such, but may change the look a bit to a more glassy appearance. But it also uses the similar polymers.

    I guess what I’m saying is that it won’t hurt to use 808, but there are also more synergetic choices available. Be aware that if you plan on reapplying more Liquid Souveran in the future prior to polishing, there’s a chance 808 will impact that coat’s bonding.

  3. #3
    Senior Member FUNX650's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    20,592
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Topper for Liquid Souveran

    Quote Originally Posted by PM5C View Post
    Just completed a detail finishing with Rupes
    Diamond topped with Liquid Souveran.
    Great results.

    Do I need or can I use another topper
    over the Souveran?

    I have Rupes 808 that I'm anxious to try,
    but not sure that I'll get any benefit from it,
    or worse, work backwards.

    What do you think?
    I’m thinking...

    1.) You don’t need a topper over Liquid Souverän.

    2.) However, if topping is in the cards: Sealants
    get applied first
    = considered a “Best Practice”
    in the detailing world

    3.a.) Liquid Souverän is a Finishing “Hybrid” that
    contains both natural and man-made ingredients.
    b.) RUPES 808 is a Finishing Sealant whose con-
    tents consist of man-made (synthetic) ingredients.

    4.) Liquid Souverän has no cleaners or abrasives.
    -As such: It is stated that Liquid Souverän can be
    layered upon itself.

    5.) Being that as it may: After the initial layer
    of Liquid Souverän has had ~24 hrs to cure...
    you can then proceed to “top” that initial layer
    with another layer of Liquid Souverän—that is:
    if you so desire.

    6.) For whenever the need for “quick detailing”
    should arise...I’ll suggest you can use either:
    -your favorite QD/WW; and/or:
    -stay within the Pinnacle family of products.


    •In conclusion:
    -I, personally, would not “top” a Hybrid LSP
    with a fully synthetic LSP.
    -Of course: YMMV



    Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

  4. Thanks PM5C thanked for this post
  5. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    411
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Topper for Liquid Souveran

    Pinnacle Crystal Mist is outstanding! Not necessarily a "topper" but a QD, but it's awesome stuff, I use it every couple of weeks on top of Liquid Souveran.


    Sent from my iPad using Autogeekonline mobile app

  6. Thanks PM5C thanked for this post
  7. #5
    Member PM5C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Scottsdale AZ
    Posts
    79
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Topper for Liquid Souveran

    Quote Originally Posted by FUNX650 View Post
    I’m thinking...

    1.) You don’t need a topper over Liquid Souverän.

    2.) However, if topping is in the cards: Sealants
    get applied first
    = considered a “Best Practice”
    in the detailing world

    3.a.) Liquid Souverän is a Finishing “Hybrid” that
    contains both natural and man-made ingredients.
    b.) RUPES 808 is a Finishing Sealant whose con-
    tents consist of man-made (synthetic) ingredients.

    4.) Liquid Souverän has no cleaners or abrasives.
    -As such: It is stated that Liquid Souverän can be
    layered upon itself.

    5.) Being that as it may: After the initial layer
    of Liquid Souverän has had ~24 hrs to cure...
    you can then proceed to “top” that initial layer
    with another layer of Liquid Souverän—that is:
    if you so desire.

    6.) For whenever the need for “quick detailing”
    should arise...I’ll suggest you can use either:
    -your favorite QD/WW; and/or:
    -stay within the Pinnacle family of products.


    •In conclusion:
    -I, personally, would not “top” a Hybrid LSP
    with a fully synthetic LSP.
    -Of course: YMMV



    Bob
    Thanks for the in-depth explanatory and suggestions. Very helpful. I think I'll leave well enough alone and see what the durability of Liquid Souveran looks like at my next wash.

  8. #6
    Senior Member dcjredline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    3,198
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Topper for Liquid Souveran

    Totally agree with Bob. Sealant first then wax. Wax usually dont last as long so sealing over a wax that isnt bonded to the paint will waste the potential of the sealant. I also agree that I wouldnt top Souveran cause it looks so freaking awesome IME.
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

  9. Thanks PM5C thanked for this post
  10. #7
    Member PM5C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Scottsdale AZ
    Posts
    79
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Topper for Liquid Souveran

    Thanks again to all above for your suggestions.

    Since I live where it hardly ever rains, my car mostly just gets dusty rather than "dirty." So I followed Jayfro's advice and ordered some Pinnacle Crystal Mist to use as a QD, maybe weekly to keep my neighbors asking "Isn't that car clean enough yet?" I like the idea of staying withn a product family for best results.

  11. #8
    Senior Member MarkD51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Sheboygan Wisconsin
    Posts
    3,026
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Topper for Liquid Souveran

    Quote Originally Posted by PM5C View Post
    Thanks again to all above for your suggestions.

    Since I live where it hardly ever rains, my car mostly just gets dusty rather than "dirty." So I followed Jayfro's advice and ordered some Pinnacle Crystal Mist to use as a QD, maybe weekly to keep my neighbors asking "Isn't that car clean enough yet?" I like the idea of staying withn a product family for best results.
    Crystal Mist is a little pricey, but you'll be wowed and feel very good about the purchase. You'll likely note some nice enhancement in looks

  12. Likes PM5C liked this post
  13. #9
    Member vincec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Claymont, DE
    Posts
    74
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Topper for Liquid Souveran

    I've been using Liquid Souveran for several years on multiple vehicles and use Pinnacle Souveran Spray Wax as a topper to extend the performance and have been getting 5+ months of protection on daily drivers kept outside 24/7.

    Pinnacle Souveran Liquid Spray Wax

  14. Likes PM5C liked this post
  15. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    159
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Topper for Liquid Souveran

    Is there much difference between the Pinnacle Liquid Crystal Mist and the Pinnacle Souveran Spray wax? In reading I see the Crystal Mist is sold as a QD, but both have wax in them. They are both pricey, and wondering which one to get.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Liquid Souveran vs paste Souveran
    By 44Doug88 in forum Ask Mike Phillips your detailing questions!
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-16-2015, 12:45 PM
  2. Pinnacle Liquid Souveran vs Souveran Paste
    By StangFan25 in forum Pinnacle Wax
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-12-2013, 06:54 PM
  3. Liquid Seal or Spritz Sealant as DGPS 3.0 Topper?
    By WRXINXS in forum Wolfgang Car Care
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-22-2013, 09:02 AM
  4. Collinite 845 with Souveran topper?
    By 2004360 in forum Auto Detailing 101
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-19-2013, 07:26 PM
  5. What is The Difference Between Pinnacle Liquid Souveran Wax and Pinnacle Souveran Liquid Spray Wax
    By oldmodman in forum Ask Mike Phillips your detailing questions!
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-08-2010, 06:49 PM

Members who have read this thread: 3

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

» May 2020

S M T W T F S
2627282930 1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31 123456