autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2020 Mobile Tech Expo Class Schedule for Education Day on Thursday in Orlando, Florida

If anyone is on the fence about attending Mobile Tech Expo, go! There is so much information to be had.

The only class of Mike's I attended was the 8:00 AM Thursday class, but he passed along a lot of knowledge on boat detailing in the hour. The best thing is you learn what NOT to do, so when you tackle something you are aware of the mistakes others have made, and can apply the knowledge/tools to make the project easier/faster.

I ended up taking 4 Rupes classes, even one at 8:00 AM on Saturday. Tons of great info from Todd and Jason in those classes.

I still had questions, so I went to the vendor show floor and spoke with Jason, and also with Mike about specific items. Both were generous with their time and knowledge.

Oh, and Mike, thanks again for signing your book for me!

Lastly, I also got to check in with the 'Sandman'! I met Jason Killmer several years ago at Detail Fest, and after a class in the Autogeek Garage he told about recently spending 40 hours wetsanding just the hood of a show car...40 hours on the hood! At MTE I attended the wetsanding class he gave with David Patterson (Lake Country), and again was amazed at how much they passed along.

2. Thanks Diner, Thomkirby thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2020 Mobile Tech Expo Class Schedule for Education Day on Thursday in Orlando, Florida

OH, and one more thing to add - many of the detail supply companies had product for sale. If you had room in your luggage (or in the car if you were local) you could pick up the McKee's line for 50% off, and Autogeek had tools and products on sale.
    If you were a PDR person, you could completely outfit yourself from pry bars to lights and stands, and everything in between.

4. Likes Thomkirby liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quick question about the MTE guest you had at the AG booths. Did the owner of Dr. Beasley's take time to talk about the new offering I see on special today? I did not have time to drop by the booth during his time slot!

Dr. Beasley's Formula 1201 Paint Coating

Sounds interesting that it can be applied on wet paint?

Curious,
    Kirby

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Thomkirby View Post

Quick question about the MTE guest you had at the AG booths. Did the owner of Dr. Beasley's take time to talk about the new offering I see on special today? I did not have time to drop by the booth during his time slot!

Dr. Beasley's Formula 1201 Paint Coating

Sounds interesting that it can be applied on wet paint?

Curious,
    Kirby
    That was Jim Lafeber, and we talked about it and his new products too. I have a bottle from the show.

I've featured the 1201 on "My Classic Car" with Dennis Gage numerous times. The demos I do LIVE on camera are the real deal.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12