autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Meguiars comes into the Ceramic age.

Just saw this on their site. Anybody seen or heard anything about it?

Wonder if Professor Phillips will get to play with any of the products at SEMA and fill us in on it when he comes back? And if/when Autogeek may start stocking it.

YouTube
    Last edited by Me Time; 11-05-2019 at 09:24 PM. Reason: forgot some words

2. Thanks KBsToy thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Meguiars comes into the Ceramic age.

Quote Originally Posted by Me Time View Post

Wonder if Professor Phillips will get to play with any of the products at SEMA and fill us in on it when he comes back? And if/when Autogeek may start stocking it.

YouTube
    Everybody`s coming out with their version. See how this holds up when the you tubers do their tests on their product's

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure it will last if you "boost" it every month

I'd be more impressed if that WOWO sealant could get a year.

Post Thanks / Like

YouTube
    I think the M788 kit has been avaliable 'across the pond' for quite a while now. Their indication that it's a 'new formula' makes me think they've tweaked it so that it now meets US VOC regulations or something to that effect.

Quote Originally Posted by KBsToy View Post
    Everybody`s coming out with their version. See how this holds up when the you tubers do their tests on their product's
    I guess they are somewhat constrained by time but many of those tests where they hit it with APC's, wax and grease removers and other such stuff seem kinda silly to me. Can't remember the last time it rained APC on my car. It's kinda like the oft-cited '34 way test' of sealants and coatings; perhaps a good starting point but until they strap that test panel to a car and drive it around, really doesn't give a true indication of longevity. Has been my exprience that merely sitting outside really doesn't have much effect on LSP degradation up here in NE Ohio. Now down in AZ or Death Valley, that may be a different story.

6. Likes KBsToy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KBsToy View Post

I saw where not only are they coming out with the professional products, but the consumer ones also.

8. Likes KBsToy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    I think the M788 kit has been avaliable 'across the pond' for quite a while now. Their indication that it's a 'new formula' makes me think they've tweaked it so that it now meets US VOC regulations or something to that effect.

Wonder what that will do to the durability if anything?

I guess they are somewhat constrained by time but many of those tests where they hit it with APC's, wax and grease removers and other such stuff seem kinda silly to me. Can't remember the last time it rained APC on my car. It's kinda like the oft-cited '34 way test' of sealants and coatings; perhaps a good starting point but until they strap that test panel to a car and drive it around, really doesn't give a true indication of longevity. Has been my exprience that merely sitting outside really doesn't have much effect on LSP degradation up here in NE Ohio. Now down in AZ or Death Valley, that may be a different story.
    Agree with you on the real world testing. But I think sometimes they give you a idea of how well it can hold up. Especially, if someone takes their car to a Swril-a-matic instead of hand washing it at home.

10. Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Agree with you on the real world testing. But I think sometimes they give you a idea of how well it can hold up. Especially, if someone takes their car to a Swril-a-matic instead of hand washing it at home.
    Yup...a good starting point for sure.

I wonder how different the whole detailing 'thing' is between places like Buffalo, NY and Phoenix, AZ?

In the wintery Northeast I remember never caring so much about my cars many years ago, some likely never had any sort of protection applied. The roof/hood never looked too bad even after 250k miles as far as paint failure goes.

Last time I was in Phoenix, I couldn't believe how many totally sun-torched cars I saw, many kinda not too old. Hoods and roofs just completely nuked. That sun must just be terminal out there, maybe interiors that get sun thru windows too? Dashboards?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Yup...a good starting point for sure.

I wonder how different the whole detailing 'thing' is between places like Buffalo, NY and Phoenix, AZ?

In the wintery Northeast I remember never caring so much about my cars many years ago, some likely never had any sort of protection applied. The roof/hood never looked too bad even after 250k miles as far as paint failure goes.

Last time I was in Phoenix, I couldn't believe how many totally sun-torched cars I saw, many kinda not too old. Hoods and roofs just completely nuked. That sun must just be terminal out there, maybe interiors that get sun thru windows too? Dashboards?
    My daughter went to school in Cleveland. After the first couple of trips we started to rent something to take her and pick her up instead of screwing our vehicles up due to the roads having potholes all year round as big as the Grand Canyon. Three times in the winter we had black SUV's. When we returned them the gentleman that always took care of us at the rental counter would always joke that he could of swore they were black instead of white. There was so much salt on them I know it had to be doing something to the paint.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah and when testing the products out most don’t even pay attention to instructions! They coat and then test.

Jimbo always does that. It’s like buying food and not cooking it and wondering why it isn’t good...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Likes KBsToy, BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Yeah and when testing the products out most don’t even pay attention to instructions! They coat and then test.

Jimbo always does that. It’s like buying food and not cooking it and wondering why it isn’t good...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Haha, I know a lot of people who do this and not just with detailing products that is for sure....

16. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast