autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Mike Phillips

Tornador Air Blow Out Gun - A Favorite Cool Tool

Tornador Air Blow Out Gun - A Favorite Cool Tool

When I work on my own cars there's always a couple of cool tools I like to use and this is one of them, the Tornador Air Blow Out Gun.

The way this works is you attach the gun to the compressed air line from your air compressor. You need a powerful air compressor with a minimum of 90 PSI to feed the tool with plenty of CFM and reserve air storage as it's real air hog.

The way it works is there's a weighted tube assembly protruding out of the metal portion of the gun that spins around at high speed inside the plastic cone as air is blasting out the tip of the cone. This creates a tornado effect and it really works great when you want to remove dirt, dust, debris or water and other liquids out of anything.

I tend to always use it with the optional cone with brush attachment as then you can use the soft bristles of the brush to agitate whatever it is you're blowing out.

Works great for blowing out nooks and crannies, cracks and crevisis...

Blowing water out of scripts, emblems, trim, etc.

Tornador Air Blow Out Gun

Tornador Cone With Brush

Blowing out engine compartments
    I didn't take any pictures of using it to blow out leaves and dust out of the engine compartment but I did use it for this and again it works great.

Mike Phillips

Re: Tornador Air Blow Out Gun - A Favorite Cool Tool

I also use this tool for blow in and blow out any excess TUF Shine Tire Clearcoat as well as force dry this tire coating after application.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mike, could you just use an air gun attached to your compressor for the same effect?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Wondering the same thing^^^

Post Thanks / Like

So for actual cleaning would you prefer a steamer or a Tornador Black unit. I can see pros and cons of both, but i'm thinking about saving the $600 and getting the Tornador. I have a large compressor already. Both would be used for pretty much the same things - interior areas, door jambs, ect... Thoughts??

Mike Phillips

This air gun works great for the initial cleaning of carpets too....

Someone on my Facebook page asked me if dirt isn't just being blown into the carpet?

It can see like that and probably some particles are pushed deep into the weave but I have to tell you, I hold the gun at an ANGLE and on this white table, as I move the gun back and forth you can literally see the dirt flying of off and out of the carpet and across the table.

Remember, you can always extract dirt first and use this as a secondary option. The best of all worlds is to do both if you can, extract and blow.

All I know is it works good and I use it whenever I have anything to clean.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by dsg03gt View Post
    Mike, could you just use an air gun attached to your compressor for the same effect?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Do you mean an Air Squirter? A gun with a fine tip?

If so yes but it's no where near as effective. An air squirter is GREAT for cleaning microfiber pads but for all other jobs where you want to blow out dirt or whatever the Tornador Air Blow Out Gun works great.

Post Thanks / Like

You have some seriously cool toys Mike!!!!

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Firehouse Mike View Post

So for actual cleaning would you prefer a steamer or a Tornador Black unit.

I can see pros and cons of both, but i'm thinking about saving the $600 and getting the Tornador. I have a large compressor already. Both would be used for pretty much the same things - interior areas, door jambs, ect...

Thoughts??

Great question Mike but it's kind of like asking if I would choose a rotary buffer or a dual action polisher. Both polishers are great tools but there are only some things a rotary buffer can do best and there are some things a dual action polisher does best.

A steamer enables you to clean without chemicals and sanitize at the same time. It cleans using moist extreme heat and the combination of both moisture and heat offer some very powerful cleaning ability you can't get by any other means.

The ability to blow air using safe high pressure is just the handiest thing ever. I use the Tornador Air Blow Out Gun any time I'm in the garage. I always find a use for it.

It's really one of those tools that until you have it at your disposal you'll never know how handy it is.

I have the Tornador Air Blow Out Gun on a car in the garage and right next to it is an air squirter gun and the only time I ever use the air squirter gun is to clean microfiber pads and sometimes wool pad. Other than that... it's always the Tornador gun.

I have to brush tips in the cart. The one you see in the pictures which is clean and that's why it's white and the one I use for tires and it's a grungy brownish color. I'll take a picture to show you.

I took my truck to the St. Lucie Mudjam a couple of weekends ago, Yancy, Jay and I went and hung out with Matt Steel all day Saturday watching truck destroy themselves.

I drove my truck through one mud bog, not to deep but deep enough to get mud all over my truck plus my truck was sprayed with mud from other mud trucks. Point being is after washing I have swirls and scratches in the paint and my tires are partly stained.

So tonight I'm staying after work to detail my own truck, (again), for Detail Fest and to re-apply TUF Shine to the tires and when I do I'll be using the Tornador gun to blow the clearcoat all over the tire to both spread it out but to also force dry it.

My interior has mud and sand in it. My engine compartment has leaves and dirt all over inside of it so it's getting blown out tonight too.

Post Thanks / Like

Mike, do you still use this for engine cleaning?