autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ceramic Coating Question

Quote Originally Posted by ScottStoef View Post
    I was contemplating purchasing the PBL elite kit for my vehicles. Before I purchased, I decided to look online to see what was the best ceramic coating for 2019. I was surprised to see that the PBL didn't make the list at any of the third party sites I looked at. I did see CarPro CQuartz, GYEON, and SONAX, but that was just about it. Any idea why more of the AG products are not making these lists?

Definitely not trying to cause any issues as I love AG, but I want the best product possible for my vehicles.
    Great topic and thanks to AG and Mike Phillips I had the pleasure of trying many of their products at their classes this past year. Any of the 'top' listed products are good and the hidden gems from AG private brands are on par with those finalist. The bigger names, i.e. Manufacturers heavily advertise and promote their product around the world. AG (my view only) is competing with itself with the multiple house brands. I too saw one of those third-party review sites that picked the best of the best. And the winner was a dedicated marketing machine to just their coating. Price is similar to the brands you mentioned so how did they get that ranking? Only you can find out by buying the product as I have never seen a YouTuber do a video on the product. Just Strange.

Back to your second question, what is 'best' for you vehicles? Mike Phillips hit all the high points but the 'best' is not what counts with coatings. Key to 'best' is second only to your maintenance after it is applied and all the factors where you live. With coated cars the more it gets minor nicks or scratches the worse it will look compared to other protection products (IMHO). That is one reason I still like applying a traditional wax, not all that hard to make it shine once again.

The work to prep the car for any coating is a ton of work if done properly. Application with the PBL Surface Coating and Paint Coating products are my favorites. Easy to apply and buff away any high spots. Leaves a nice shine and I do not care about the time it stays on the car. It most likely will be around a long time as I continue to use quick sprays or SiO2 toppers on my washes.

I have helped apply in the classes: PBL , Blackfire, and Gyeon MOHS. I have applied CarPro DLUX, SKIN, and their UK 3.0 and LITE ready to use next month. Just tried IGL TRIM last month along with the WINDOW on my F150.

Disclaimer: I am a hobbyist/DIY now and enjoy keeping my autos looking their 'best'.

Kirby

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ScottStoef View Post
    I was contemplating purchasing the PBL elite kit
    for my vehicles. Before I purchased, I decided to
    look online to see what was the best ceramic
    coating for 2019.

I was surprised to see that the PBL didn't make the
    list at any of the third party sites I looked at. I did
    see CarPro CQuartz, GYEON, and SONAX, but that
    was just about it.

Any idea why more of the AG products
    are not making these lists?
    •If you can agree that AG doesn’t sell any inferior
    products (after all you did say: ‘I love AG’); then:

-Conversely, you must have surely noticed that
    there is still a vast amount of Coating products
    that aren’t making Autogeek’s list of Coatings.

-Seems to beg the same question of:
    ‘any idea why’, IMO.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

3. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Finished the maintenance wash and then did en Express Detail.

Used 3 products

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Likes Thomkirby liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I just purchased a black 2011 Corvette Grand Sport, but I also plan on putting it on our other vehicles and possibly even our travel trailer (fiberglass):

2006 Toyota Prius
    2007 Infiniti G35x
    2008 Toyota Sequoia
    2013 Acura TSX

My main reason for wanting to go to a ceramic coating is that I am hoping I get get it to last longer than my current sealants. Both of my shoulders are shot (bone on bone) and washing and waxing a car is more than they can take. It takes several days to recuperate with lots of OTC drugs. I figure I can abuse them once and not need to do it again for another year and hopefully more, except for a wipe on reload every 6 months or so.

One company that keeps coming up is Avalon King, but I have the feeling, based on the reviews I have seen, they are actually paying people or providing product free of change for a review. I wouldn't be surprised if the reviewers are also getting a kickback based on the discount codes they are providing. Just a guess though.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX650 View Post
    •If you can agree that AG doesn’t sell any inferior
    -Seems to beg the same question of:
    ‘any idea why’, IMO.
    Bob
    That is an excellent point Bob!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12