autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: slight "grittyness" on paint of just acquired '93 fleetwood

I have worked on many new cars and you would be surprised of which cars actually benefit from having the iron decontamination done.

It’s not necessarily a deal breaker. But I like to know that it was done. That’s all.

I will say this.

One time, I forgot my clay at home. But I had Iron X on me. So I of course used that first before I had to run out to the store to grab clay before a paint correction.

After doing the Iron Decon step, the paint passed the baggie test with flying colors. I kid you not.

Though this is on the rare side of things for me and may not always work...it was the once instance where an iron remover saved my life.

High-End Paint Correction and Opti-Coat Ceramic Coatings * Portsmouth, NH

Post Thanks / Like

Re: slight "grittyness" on paint of just acquired '93 fleetwood

As I worked on the hood with clay, I was surprised to see the detail fluid turning the color from the iron decontamination pictures.

Then I noticed I was bleeding

Coming back after I stopped . . . the clay was *definitely* much easier than the effort with just polish. And from the feel of the roof, did a much better job.

I'm definitely going to need some more detail spray and wax; I think I went though half a container of each (again, it's a Fleetwood . . . *lots* of surface . . .)

And when the *second* gnat got caught in the wax that was waiting to be buffed, I figured it was time to call it a day.

But the hood is done, and the top has polish and a couple of coats of wax, and these are the two largest panels. Maybe the trunk and front fenders tomorrow . . .

3. Likes RamAirV1, SWETM liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12