autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Klasse Kit VS. Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Coating Elite Kit

I recently purchased a 2011 Corvette Grand Sport. The previous owner exclusively used the Klasse on the car and swears by it. However, my understanding is that ceramic coatings are a much better product. Obviously the Klasse is much better and based on reviews, people are a huge fan of the product. What are the pros/cons of each kit? I purchased a Griot's garage dual action polisher kits, so I can properly prepare the paint if the ceramic coating is the better option. I will probably do it anyway since there are a few swirl marks since the car is black.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Klasse Kit VS. Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Coating Elite Kit

Ceramics are the way to go the first time is a learning experience if you don’t do it right it’s easy to polish off and try again gloss coat is easiest but is a year at best and expensive you can go with any of the PBMG brands they are easy and are similar in durability to gloss coat the pros are they are cheaper and you get enough product to do multiple cars. When your comfortable with coating application process I love cquartz UK or if you think you can skip the entry level and do something like UK. UK is great at every category coatings are looked at for.

I was a Klasse guy that topped with p21 for long time until I tried ceramics

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mgavin1985 View Post
    Ceramics are the way to go the first time is a learning experience if you don’t do it right it’s easy to polish off and try again gloss coat is easiest but is a year at best and expensive you can go with any of the PBMG brands they are easy and are similar in durability to gloss coat the pros are they are cheaper and you get enough product to do multiple cars. When your comfortable with coating application process I love cquartz UK or if you think you can skip the entry level and do something like UK. UK is great at every category coatings are looked at for.

I was a Klasse guy that topped with p21 for long time until I tried ceramics
    CQuartz UK 3.0 is a great choice.

Don't get caught up with the hype on 5year plus coatings. They may indeed last 5 years, but with a black car you can't prevent swirling the paint and the only way to remove the swirls is to polish which will remove that expensive life time coating.

Post Thanks / Like

From what I understand, Klasse may be as difficult (or more so) to apply as PBL Coatings (which are about as easy as a coating can get to apply). Then if you like applying toppers (SiO2 sprays, etc.) they will sit nicely on PBL, or just let it go if you don’t want to.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    From what I understand, Klasse may be as difficult (or more so) to apply as PBL Coatings (which are about as easy as a coating can get to apply). Then if you like applying toppers (SiO2 sprays, etc.) they will sit nicely on PBL, or just let it go if you don’t want to.
    I would agree on the ease of use.

I used the Klasse twins for roughly 10 years before moving on to 845 and then ceramic coatings. If you want to use a sealant, I'd look at Collinite 845 or some of the other reputable sealants here which are easier to apply and will probably last longer (845 out performed Klasse in my tests). Coatings are in a totally different league.

I've never used any PBL product as I always felt they were a little over priced. I have been very happy with the CQuartz UK coatings. They work great and are easy to apply.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I am not against using the C.Quartz, but I was originally scared off by the application process. I just watched a video and it seems very simple too. I prefer something that will help protect the paint and last a long time, if that even exists (film comes to mind). If the C.Quartz is vastly superior to the PBL, then I will definitely look at that as an option.

Post Thanks / Like

Pinnacle Black Label is as easy as it gets with application. It is really hard to mess up the application of it. One other benefit is the quantity will last for a long time so you can use it for multiple applications. I would consider this like Sonax CC36 or Optimum Gloss Coat where it is more of a sealant taken up a notch. These days everything is a coating even it there is 1% ceramic material.

Klasse has been around for a long time. At times it can be a little finicky to apply.

If I only had the option of the two I would take PBL paint coating.

If I was looking for something a better but yet not quite a full coating then I would look at Cquartz Lite or Gyeon canCoat.

Post Thanks / Like

I would personally go with the Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Coating Elite Kit. The Pinnacle Black Label coatings are super easy to work and offer excellent protection. Klasse has been around a long time and very popular with consumers, but they are much harder to work with.

Pinnacle Black Label Collection

Klasse Car Care Products, Klasse Detailing Products, Klasse Sealant, klasse all in one

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    NO....

If anyone out there follows my method of applying KSG its NO problem, trust me. I know we've gone back and fourth on this before, I believe anyways, but its very easy to apply and the results speak for themselves. That said, I love coatings and have switched over to them but at some point I will be applying KSG x2 to my car in the future, probably in the spring because I miss using it, have so many options in my cabinets, LOL!
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

10. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay, so I have one other question as it relates to the PBL Diamond Paint Coating. Can this product be used on headlights or just painted surfaces? I also have a plexiglass targa top, and wasn't sure if I could put the PBL on that as well or should I use the glass coating instead? What happens if you get this stuff on the black weather seals; will it discolor them?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast