autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Ceramic Coated Car and Car Wash

I suspect this topic has been addressed on another thread, and my apologies since I have not seen it elsewhere.

I just had my car ceramic coated and have been reading about the Wolfgang SiO2 car wash. As a wash over any other topping the SiO2 looks very intriguing indeed...but is the SiO2 wash overkill on an already ceramic coated car? Should it be used as a maintenance wash 1-2 times per month...or my regular go-to weekly wash...or not at all? My ceramic coating already cost me a bundle, and I want to make sure that the cost benefit is there with this wash.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ceramic Coated Car and Car Wash

I had the same question. Going with it at week to 10 days intervals. For full disclosure I’ve been out of the detail game fo 30 years but have been googling the hell outta everything��
    Below is a link to an Autogeek video that pretty much answers your first question

YouTube

Post Thanks / Like

My recommendation to the OP is to use the WG SiO2 Wash once every 3-6 weeks and use a “leave-(almost) nothing-behind wash (which can include other Ceramic car washes such as Mckees, Blackfire, Reset, etc.) if you want to be a bit more economical.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Willbeen View Post
    I suspect this topic has been addressed on another thread, and my apologies since I have not seen it elsewhere.

I just had my car ceramic coated and have been reading about the Wolfgang SiO2 car wash. As a wash over any other topping the SiO2 looks very intriguing indeed...but is the SiO2 wash overkill on an already ceramic coated car? Should it be used as a maintenance wash 1-2 times per month...or my regular go-to weekly wash...or not at all? My ceramic coating already cost me a bundle, and I want to make sure that the cost benefit is there with this wash.
    The amount of SI02 in a car wash is so minute it should not alter the hydrophobic action of your coating. Using a wash that contains SI02 over a coated car is a plus in my view.

On the other hand, you can wash with a pure shampoo (Car Pro Reset) which leaves nothing behind. Meaning no waxes, polymers or glossing agents.