autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pictures: New FLEX PXE 80 10.8-EC by Mike Phillips

Regular 110v plug

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure how many amps it draws but no issues plugged in any of my regular household outlets.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzscarwash View Post
    Can anyone tell me the power that's used for the charger? Trying to see how many amps the charger draws

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    It is 120V but no mention of watts or amps in instruction manual.
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Damn, I need to figure out the amp and watt draw for a detail project I'm working on

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

The 10.8 vs 12V battery confusion is common and has to deal with how Europe and the US regulate battery specs. A battery with a 10.8 or 12V rating is the same battery. The difference is whether that battery is marketed in Europe or in the US. In Europe batteries must be rated and advertised at the nominal spec and in the US a battery can be rated and advertised at its peak spec. A 10.8V battery right off the charger has a voltage of 12V but nominally it has a voltage of 10.8V In the US 12V sounds better than 10.8V so the manufacturers go with that. The old Flex 18V chargers shipped with the 18V tools sold in the last few years were 18V chargers only. The new charger shipped with the PXE 80 will charge both 18V and 12V batteries and functions just like the old 18V charger.
    Bill Strobel
    Owner Independent Towing & Repair
    Fayetteville, NC
    Do It Right or Don't Do It At All

Post Thanks / Like

As the tool gets out in the wild more users are finding new uses for the PXE 80. Saw a video on YouTube last night from a detailer in the UK that is using the PXE 80 to polish windows. Small footprint to easily do the side windows as well as the windshield and back light and no cord to deal with. Seems like a wnner to me. I always hated using a full size polisher to do windows seemed so bulky and overkill. The PXE 80 will make this chore go easier and faster.
    Bill Strobel
    Owner Independent Towing & Repair
    Fayetteville, NC
    Do It Right or Don't Do It At All

7. Likes Daviddear30 liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post

So my question on the PXE is the battery. Mine has 12V batteries. This review is for the 10.8 batteries. Some chargers say they charge 10.8 and the 18V batteries. So are the chargers capable of doing 10.8, 12 and 18 volt Flex batteries. It’s one thing that sold me on the PXE was they said you can use same charger as other flex tools. Now I’m not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post

So I actually read the instructions.... wild thought right????

The charger included with the PXE charges both 12v and 18v.

Now I’m curious if the charger that comes with Flex 18v tools will charge the 12v PXE batteries.

Great questions and I know there's some confusion over the topics you bring up. I'll send the link to this thread and specifically your posts and ask Chris Metcalf to clear-up any confusion.

Mike Phillips

Re: Pictures: New FLEX PXE by Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post

Holy Moly.

I'm not sure about anyone else, but that huge hunk of text turned my "Cannot read this" switch on in my brain.

I'm the same way. I won't read huge chunks of text. People need to learn how to use the [ENTER] key and break up huge chunks of text into smaller, easier to digest sections.

I've typed about this for years and the deal is the HUMAN EYE struggles to read the end of one sentence and drop down and LOCATE the beginning of the next sentence after about 3 to 4 sentences.

So what happens, is most people will NOT read huge chunks of text. So all the great info you want to share is not shared. This applies to Facebook too and any type of online or even paper communications.

I'll edit the huge chunk text to make it easier to read if for no other reason so I can read it.

10. Thanks PaulMys thanked for this post
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910