autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

2 cool cars need for My Classic Car with Dennis Gage

2 Cool cars need for My Classic Car with Dennis Gage

We're shooting our 9th season with My Classic Car and I'm looking for 2 cool cars to have on the set to demonstrate new tools and products.

Like you see here,

Send me an e-mail

mike.phillips@autogeek.net

Location is in Evansville, IN 47725

The date is Wednesday, October 16th

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2 cool cars need for My Classic Car with Dennis Gage

Awh gee, too cool!

I had My Classic Car playing via Autogeeks YouTube Channel on the shop TV yesterday, it’s a great show. It has only recently aired on our Discovery Channel “Turbo” & all though they are all old episodes at this stage, it’s still an interesting show & Dennis knows his stuff.

I recall you (Mike Phillips) & I talking with Dennis at Detail Fest & you mentioned he should make his way down here to NZ, absolutely he should, we have some incredible cars down here & I think he would be blown away with the car culture here.

Awesome Mike, I’m sure you’ll find a couple of sweet rides for sure.

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

Mike Phillips

Just finished writing 4 minute segments and 60 second scripts for

1. IGL Coatings
    2. Dr. Beasley's
    3. P&S Black Label

Still have to research, write and time,

1. SONAX,
    2. FLEX,
    3. Lake Country
    4. Autogeek

For anyone that's never done anything like this I find it fun but time consuming.

For the 60 second scripts, you have to read aloud all of the copy in under 60 seconds without any mistakes. I shoot for 58 seconds reading here at my desk. Then when standing in front of a camera you have 2 seconds to play with.

Writing for 60 second scripts starts with researching the product. Then you have to understand your audience and write the information the person that is a potential buyer wants to know about the widget. I'd say personally this is more first-hand knowledge of the products and how a person would use them then trying to come of with fancy marketing gibberish. The long term goal is to actually solve a person's problem, not SELL them a product. If you can solve their problem they will purchase the product and if the product works they will buy it again and also tell their friends. That' true success.

Anyway, after using my experience for detailing cars and taking the info about the product and typing out the script, then I read it and time myself with the timer on my iPhone.

If I'm under, I write more copy. If I'm over, I start cutting out the fluff. Then re-read.

I normally have to edit and re-read 4-5 times to hit the sweet spot of 58 seconds.

Just thought I would share this with my forum friends. Like everyone here at Autogeek, I wear a lot of hats, script writing is just one of those hats. And because we shoot the second week of October, I usually get the list of products to write for right about now, which is also right before my 3-day class.

Training Cars for the 2019 September 3-day Detailing Bootcamp Class

And behind the scenes, prepping for the last Roadshow Class,

Training Cars Needed for the Allentown, Pennsylvania Roadshow Class

Beside the class itself, a LOT of work goes into getting cars for all these projects, including cars for "My Classic Car".

Time to shut down Autogeek and set the alarm.

Mike Phillips

Here's some of the cars I'm working on for the show for 2020

Fully restored, numbers matching 1971 Dodge Super Bee

Any of these that we want....

Still working on this...

5. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Mike Phillips

The purple Dodge Super Bee is very close to the 1971 Dodge Charger R/T I detailed and used for multiple write-ups earlier this year.

How long does the battery last? 40 minutes - Cordless FLEX XC 3401 aka the CBEAST

And just by coincidence, one of the segments we'll be filming will be on FLEX Cordless tools.

7. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Must look up if I have My Classic Car with Dennis Gage on the channels I have

You do so many cool things Mike!

And interesting to read how get the script done. The american classic cars culture is big here in Sweden. But not so much shown in the puplic media.

One cool thing the local american classic car club does every year. Is they are at every nursing homes here in the municipality and every elderly that with help can get in the american classic cars the club members has. Gets driven around for a cruise through the town. The local news paper useally writes about and take some pictures from the events. I have been a driver for one of this events. And the joy and appreciatetions you see from the elderly is just amazing. Some of them bought these kind of cars new or used. So a big trip down the memory lane for many of them. Also they gets easy forgotten when they need to be living in a nursing home from the society. So this is an awesome way to get them some happy events to attend in. There are some other american classic car clubs that does this too around in Sweden.

A little of topic but wanted to share how much the american classic cars is present even today here in Sweden. The big meets is what's most noticed and also places where it's organized cruising nights where we drive around in cities and towns and in different ones every weekend. All from 100 up to almost 2000 american classic cars driving around in the same city or town. The 2 biggest meets has even more of them attending. Awesome thing to do when you are a car guy/girl. And most are dressed up in the fashion of the car modell year era they ride along in or drive LOL.

/ Tony

Post Thanks / Like

That Dodge Super Bee is stunning and VERY RARE2 cool cars need for My Classic Car with Dennis Gage2 cool cars need for My Classic Car with Dennis Gage

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Mike Phillips

Just confirmed this car,

1969 Mod Top Barracuda

This is a VERY RARE survivor car....

11. Likes SWETM, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Paisley top2 cool cars need for My Classic Car with Dennis Gage

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

MOPAR or no car.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast