autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Waterless Wash w/o additives

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    I agree Uber has Gloss enhancers but they seems to be the most mild of any WW I’ve tried (excluding N-914 from this statement because of having no gloss enhancers.

Either way, yes, Uber leaves something behind, it’s clear when you use it that gloss is added, but I’ve never noticed it changing my LSP behaviors, for whatever that’s worth (probably nothing).
    No thats helpful, I know Im in the minority here but I care about gloss far far more then I care about coating behavior. Beyond the protection and durability I don't really care at all about beading to be honest.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bob m View Post
    I posted this on Autopia also but here goes.

I have been using Ultima WW for a long time and it works very well, BUT I want to try a WW w/o any waxes, shine enhancers, etc. Any recommendations?
    The enhancers you wish to avoid do far less to the LSP when compared to the fact that the wipedown is kinetic and by extension, abrasive to a degree. Not to mention the fact that the enhancers really don't last long.

In my way of thinking, I'd rather have a WW product that is as close as possible to "spray and watch" versus "spray and wipe". Since that's hard to come by I live with Pinnacle Waterless Wash. Hands down one of the best I have run into; and generally speaking I dilute it less than the 1:32 so even better value.

Post Thanks / Like

There's 3 that I know of, I have all 3 of them:

1. Mckee's N914 and it's awesome! Timing is everything and Mckee's saw a huge void left when Mequiars stop making their WW that was a pure cleaner and they haven't looked back! I will ALWAYS have this product in my collectionWaterless Wash w/o additives

2. Griot's Garage Brillant Shine rinseless wash, yeah it's a RW but can be used as a WW or just use the towels in a single bucket mixed with 1 oz per gallon and get after it. This product is also economical, a word not usually associated with Griot's but its true HERE!

3. Product not sold here...let's say the name is associated with bullets and a city that thinks the world revolves around them. This is a foaming waterless wash, the ONLY one of it's kind and is my go to when I travel due to it being a foaming product that lifts the dirt very effectively and leaves behind a CLEAN surface! The product itself is more expensive and the foaming sprayer sold with it is VERY expensive but I like it alot!! Also has a winter booster that's sold separately that aids in the winter time.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Well there's another sold by a guy named Adam that's worth checking out.

Post Thanks / Like

914 does it all. Why not try it?

6. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mwoolfso View Post
    The enhancers you wish to avoid do far less to the LSP when compared to the fact that the wipedown is kinetic and by extension, abrasive to a degree. Not to mention the fact that the enhancers really don't last long.

In my way of thinking, I'd rather have a WW product that is as close as possible to "spray and watch" versus "spray and wipe". Since that's hard to come by I live with Pinnacle Waterless Wash. Hands down one of the best I have run into; and generally speaking I dilute it less than the 1:32 so even better value.
    Are you using the pinnacle ww on a coating? I agree about the wipedown being abrasive. That's why these things are supposed to have lubrication. That's what I dont like about n914. Where the concentrate is a paint prep similar to a glass cleaner I dont think it can have enough lubrication as it's made to evaporate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    That's why these things are supposed
    to have lubrication.

That's what I dont like about n914.
    Where the concentrate is a paint prep similar
    to a glass cleaner I dont think it can have
    enough lubrication as it's made to evaporate.
    You don’t dilute N-914 to paint-prep strength
    when you are going to be waterless-washing
    (WW), or rinseless-washing (RW) a vehicle.

There is plenty of ‘lubrication’ if N-914’s
    dilution ratios for RWs/WWs is abided to.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX650 View Post
    You don’t dilute N-914 to paint-prep strength
    when you are going to be waterless-washing
    (WW), or rinseless-washing (RW) a vehicle.

There is plenty of ‘lubrication’ if N-914’s
    dilution ratios for RWs/WWs is abided to.

Bob
    I understand that that's why I emphasized the concentrate. It doesn't matter how much you dilute it the base is still a chemical that wants to evaporate like paint prep.

N914 does not have enough lubrication in my opinion. It can get sticky at waterless wash dilution. I dont see that with uber at all.

Post Thanks / Like

This thread inspired me to do a N914 WW, good thing I keep a spare 1000 ML Kwazzer filled with it my trunk as a part of my mobile kit. It rained on the car and then went away, dry road when I left so no sling. Doing the wash the invisible water spots showed up but simply wiped away, no issues. The thing with this product is that you can "see the clean', maybe some of you whom are really, really intune with your paint will understand what i mean here. Like i said, I'll always have this product in my collection...ALWAYS!

For the record, I use 2 ounces and 1 gallon to make my mix of N914 as a WW, twice the recommended amount but nowhere near the 8:1 ratio recommended for paint prep, so there's my take on N914 WW.

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    This thread inspired me to do a N914 WW, good thing I keep a spare 1000 ML Kwazzer filled with it my trunk as a part of my mobile kit. It rained on the car and then went away, dry road when I left so no sling. Doing the wash the invisible water spots showed up but simply wiped away, no issues. The thing with this product is that you can "see the clean', maybe some of you whom are really, really intune with your paint will understand what i mean here. Like i said, I'll always have this product in my collection...ALWAYS!

For the record, I use 2 ounces and 1 gallon to make my mix of N914 as a WW, twice the recommended amount but nowhere near the 8:1 ratio recommended for paint prep, so there's my take on N914 WW.

No issues with streaking at that ratio?

One of the first sins that I committed many years ago when using Optimum No-rinse was using too much product. At the time I just wouldn't believe that it could work at such high dilution ratios and it streaked pretty badly.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast