autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Coating Question

I've detailed cars now for several years and just recently have decided to try a few Coatings. I've mostly used the Carpro CQuartz and recently tried the Uk 3.0 Version. Before applying the coating I used the Carpro Essence and followed that with the Eraser just to make sure. I've done several vehicles and always at the end after the vehicle has set for several days there are one or two places that appear to have light areas of streaks. I only let the Coating set for a minute or so and buff the area really well only using the Carpro Microfiber. I apply two coats of Coating normally 1 hour apart and then about 50-60 minutes later apply the Reload like instructed. The cars looks great inside the shop and then after a couple days when I pull it out into the sunlight I can see a few small places that appear to be small streak on the paint. It's not on all the vehicles but on some. I'm too much of a perfectionist and the streaks are really making me second guess the coating process. Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong or how to get the streaks out. Tried to take pictures of them but they didn't show up well in pictures. They are only visible in direct sunlight and probably won't ever be noticed by anyone else but me. But they still make me second guess myself on Coating. All suggestions will be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Coating Question

How many towels are you using to level out the coating? If it is only then I suggest two.

You are either seeing coating high spots or streaking from Reload. Reload is know. To streak if over applied.

If it is a coating high spot you could polish and recoat the area.

3. Likes Bruno Soares liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If you’re going to do this on a regular basis, I’d top UK with Gliss and forget about Reload. Gliss makes that coating even better and it’s super easy to apply.
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah if got some light streaks that can be seen in the sun. I think it’s from not changing out leveling towels. I’m going to use 4-5 next coat.

I did buff out and reapply in couple panels and was surprised at how easy buffed off.

Tried to do spot repair and didn’t come out too well. Recommend you do whole panel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    How many towels are you using to level out the coating? If it is only then I suggest two.

You are either seeing coating high spots or streaking from Reload. Reload is know. To streak if over applied.

If it is a coating high spot you could polish and recoat the area.
    Quote Originally Posted by van185 View Post
    I've detailed cars now for several years and just recently have decided to try a few Coatings. I've mostly used the Carpro CQuartz and recently tried the Uk 3.0 Version. Before applying the coating I used the Carpro Essence and followed that with the Eraser just to make sure. I've done several vehicles and always at the end after the vehicle has set for several days there are one or two places that appear to have light areas of streaks. I only let the Coating set for a minute or so and buff the area really well only using the Carpro Microfiber. I apply two coats of Coating normally 1 hour apart and then about 50-60 minutes later apply the Reload like instructed. The cars looks great inside the shop and then after a couple days when I pull it out into the sunlight I can see a few small places that appear to be small streak on the paint. It's not on all the vehicles but on some. I'm too much of a perfectionist and the streaks are really making me second guess the coating process. Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong or how to get the streaks out. Tried to take pictures of them but they didn't show up well in pictures. They are only visible in direct sunlight and probably won't ever be noticed by anyone else but me. But they still make me second guess myself on Coating. All suggestions will be appreciated.
    I agree with Guz, use at least 2 towels. Just a hint..fold a 16X16 in half and then in half again, now you have 8 sides. Number each side with a sharpie so your not using the same side and loading the towel up with product. Same goes for the 2nd towel to do the final wipe.

7. Likes The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

On the last one I used around 8 of the large Carpro Microfiber rags. I used very little reload and it was the first time I tried Reload after a Coating. I only have applied Reload about 5-6 months after the Coating. I knew the directions called for it so I decided to give it a try. Think it might be high spots not sure.