autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Mike Phillips

Reply to a Phone Call

Reply to a Phone Call

So I have people call me all the time. Often times, they have bought something on the Autogeek.com store and now need help to use it. I mention on the store website there's a TEXT BUTTON that reads

FORUM

I work on the forum, I don't work on the store. I explain that to them and then when answering their questions, I let them know for any question they ask me chance are 99.999% I have an article with clearly written information, picures and often times a video that will take the information in my brain and put it into their brain.

I just got off the phone with a guy that has been using a Cyclo polisher and is now interested in a RUPES BigFoot 15. I let him know that a lot of people SINK a lot of money into a tool, the pads and products only to find out it's not the right tool for them. That is one of the benefits to the classes I teach. Before you buy you get to try. And you don't sit in a chair looking at a picture of the tool - YOU use it on a car, not a demo hood but a car. By the time the class is over you've used ALL the popular and "substantial" tools on the market and now you know which tools you love and which tools you are not interested in. And just to note - everyone is different. I don't push tools or products. You make up your own mind. My job is to get the tools into your hands, get them plugged in and then get you working on a car.

Good talking to you on the phone today. Below are the links I said I would send you.

Here’s the forum
    Autogeekonline Auto Detailing Forum

Here’s my article The Air Test – So important to use the right pads. I show this in all my classes. Holding the polisher yourself is a REAL eye opener.

The Air Test - Using NON RUPES pads on RUPES Polishers by Mike Phillips
    The Air Test - Using NON RUPES pads on RUPES Polishers by Mike Phillips

Here’s the other article we spoke about,

How to Monitor Pad Rotation? Mark Your Buffing Pads
    How to Monitor Pad Rotation? Mark Your Buffing Pads

Here’s what my classes look like – note everyone is on their feet with tools in their hands working on cars.

323 Pictures - Autogeek's Hands-On Roadshow Detailing Classes!
    323 Pictures - Autogeek's Hands-On Roadshow Detailing Classes!

Here’s my review of the BigFoot 21 – same comments I make about the high quality for this latest version hold true for the BigFoot 15

Review: RUPES Mark III BigFoot 21 Polisher by Mike Phillips
    Review: RUPES Mark III BigFoot 21 Polisher by Mike Phillips

If you’re just starting out, instead of compounding, polishing and waxing, just get a GREAT one-step product. Here’s the one I show in all my classes.

Review: BLACKFIRE One-Step Cleaner/Wax by Mike Phillips
    Review: BLACKFIRE One-Step Cleaner/Wax by Mike Phillips

Here’s the link to my how-to articles
    https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum...mike-phillips/

Here’s the link to my product reviews
    https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum...mike-phillips/

Here’s info for all our classes
    https://www.autogeek.net/detail-classes.html

This will show you just how much stuff you get to use and more, in any of our classes.
    Packing pictures for an Autogeek Roadshow Car Detailing Class

Here's my credentials....
    Mike Phillips Detail Training Credentials - Know and trust who's teaching your class

The Autogeek store is great for buying stuff but all the meaty information is on the forum. That’s where I work.

2. Thanks Diner thanked for this post
    Mike Phillips

Re: Reply to a Phone Call

And....

Here's what I sent him. Takes few minutes to type this up even for a speed typist as I have to locate all the thread.

I'd be crippled without my arm holder uppers....

Post Thanks / Like

I'm always surprised you can do all you do and have time for all that. Seems like you're involved in many things and I thought the forum was just something else you do when you're not working on someone's car, teaching a class, recording a TV show, etc.
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

Great info as I am someone who has read through a ton of threads, debated back and forth about which new polisher to purchase and would love the hands on experience.... I am not sure it's something thats available but by chance do you happen to every see or know roughly the average cost people encounter to visit a road show if they are not local? As I know I may not have a chance to catch a roadshow much longer if they don't continue next year...Just trying to weight the cost of the show, travel and hotels plus the than discounted tool purchase vs buying the 2 or 3 I have been bouncing between and selling off real cheap what I don't like...