How to remove EPOXY overspray?

Anytime I get questions via e-mail, a PM or a FB message I prefer to invest my typing time where

A: It's easier for me to share links, pictures and videos.

B: More people can read and thus benefit from the information. (no just one set of eyeballs)

The reality is, most people that contact me found me via an article I've written or a reply I've written on this forum. The thing is, instead of figuring out that the whole reason they are contacting me is because they found me via an article or answer I wrote on the forum that they to should bring their question to the forum because not only will that help them.... but it will help a future "them". If I answer everything in a private e-mail or other touch point, no one would find and contact me. It's a cycle or pattern that repeats as long as everything is shared in the public domain.

The above is kind of wordy but re-read it slowly and it will make sense.

So I get an e-mail asking,

I have a huge overspray job (30+ cars) and am having trouble removing the leftover epoxy paint from the construction company, any adhesive removers you’d suggest? I’ve been using goof off but it’s a struggle.. can you use mineral spirits on clear coat??

Thanks for any help!!

John

Great question John. And thank you for attending the Texas Roadshow Class this year.

All I can recommend is XENIT by Stoners. I have used it to remove DOT or Department of Transportation paint off car body panels. The key is to dampen a microfiber towel wit the orange oils and then HOLD the towel against the affected area and let time go by to enable the oils to penetrate the overspray and thus loosen it so it can be wiped off.

Not a fast process. Might not work for doing industrial size job.

And Mineral Spirits are safe on clearcoats.

Hope that helps and feel encouraged to join our forum, this is where I answer questions. Email and Facebook messaging are okay, but the forum is a LOT more powerful. (think about it - it's how you found me in the first place)

Click here to join the AutogeekOnline.net car detailing discussion forum - THE best forum on the Internet