autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Dirty Girl - Extreme Maserati Makeover!

Dirty Girl - Extreme Maserati Makeover!

She needs a bath big time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes axel06, Thomkirby, Diner liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Re: Dirty Girl - Extreme Maserati Makeover!

Step 1: Wash wheels and tires first then wash car.

So hot outside here on sunny Stuart, Florida!

4. Likes Thomkirby, Diner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That first pic, I was wondering if it was dirty! Thanks for zooming in to show it dirty

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post

That first pic, I was wondering if it was dirty!

Thanks for zooming in to show it dirty

After YEARS of snide comments from unbelievers in the cyber-word, questioning or challenging my work, I do my best to document everything.

In this case, document that the car is, or rather was quite dirty. It was hard to capture the dirt film, i.e road film on the paint due to the metallic basecoat, but anyone with an ounce of brains can extrapolate out that the paint is in fact just as dirty as the corners of the windshield where the wipers don't clean and the wheels, which were covered in brake dust and road film.

Thanks for the comment. Happy to say that with a little help from Andre and John, the car is now sparkly clean, ready for machine polishing and then coating installation tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    After YEARS of snide comments from unbelievers in the cyber-word, questioning or challenging my work, I do my best to document everything.

In this case, document that the car is, or rather was quite dirty. It was hard to capture the dirt film, i.e road film on the paint due to the metallic basecoat...

Thanks for the comment. Happy to say that with a little help from Andre and John, the car is now sparkly clean, ready for machine polishing and then coating installation tomorrow.

I know exactly what you mean. Seen that way too much on YouTube. "Next time, use a clean car" is the norm.

My wife's Kia was filthy, and when taking pics for an upcoming Blackfire Wash and Wax review, it really was hard to capture the dirt on the paint. So yeah, I know first hand how hard it is to get some decent pics you can use. Like you said, the corners of the windshield help!

Now, if only I can find my own Andre and John to help me out....

8. Likes Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post

In this case, document that the car is, or rather was quite dirty. It was hard to capture the dirt film, i.e road film on the paint due to the metallic basecoat, but anyone with an ounce of brains can extrapolate out that the paint is in fact just as dirty as the corners of the windshield where the wipers don't clean and the wheels, which were covered in brake dust and road film.

Only way I have found to show road film is on white paint. When you clean and decontaminate white paint, the before and after are quite revealing. Some of my clients have said to me they did not understand how I can make their white paint so white Well, when you normally go to a car wash, you can't expect miracles

Only worked on a Maserati once, and it was for debadging and scratch removal. How thick and hard is the paint on the one you are working on? The one I did had soft paint if I remember correctly. It was pretty thick too, which is nice to see when you are there to remove scratches

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    I know exactly what you mean. Seen that way too much on YouTube. "Next time, use a clean car" is the norm.

My wife's Kia was filthy, and when taking pics for an upcoming Blackfire Wash and Wax review, it really was hard to capture the dirt on the paint. So yeah, I know first hand how hard it is to get some decent pics you can use. Like you said, the corners of the windshield help!

Now, if only I can find my own Andre and John to help me out....
    If you are anything like me, you will not like anyone helping you I am way too focused on how to do things, I would try to micromanage the poor guy to death LOL

Mike Phillips

It's GO TIME....

Yesterday Yancy and I show a video using this Maserati as our showcase vehicle. Today I actually have to do the work part. I always like to leverage my time for anything I do and because the NEW Cordless CBEAST is supposed to be here in the U.S. starting in September, AND you can now PRE-Order your CBEAT, I thought I would use the new PRODUCTION model to buff out this Maserati.

As I'm doing the correction work I'll,

1. Track how many batteries I used from start to finish.
    2. How many pads I used from start to finish.
    3. How long the correction step takes.

I just took this video before I started. It shows the and what I'm going to do. It's on my Facebook page, below is the video - you have to >click< on the image to watch it. Unlike a YouTube video, there's now red > play button.

Mike Phillips

Also note,

There are a limited number of CBEASTS being shipped to the United States for this first shipment. They of course will be sold on a first-come, first serve basis.

Here's the link to pre-order the CBEAST

FLEX XCE 8-125 18.0 Polisher

FLEX XCE 8-125 18.0 Polisher - Pre-Order Now!

Because this is a GEAR-DRIVEN orbital polisher - at this time, this is the fastest way to correct the paint on a car using cordless technology and without putting holograms into the finish.

13. Likes Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Here’s my work station with everything ready to go

15. Likes Aaryn NZ liked this post
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast