autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bucket List Buff - 1968 Shelby Mustang GT350 - Original Paint by Mike Phillips

Great work Mike!

The interior came out great looking!

Do you scrub the seats hard with the Tuf Shine brush? Or is it for the crevices in the threads or how do you use it?

Have a good friend of mine that just bought a Oldsmobile 98 '67 convertible. And I have not looked so close yet to the seats if they are lether or vinyl. So followed this detailing part closely. And have the Tuf Shine brush so just wondering how you use it.

/ Tony

Mike Phillips

Re: Bucket List Buff - 1968 Shelby Mustang GT350 - Original Paint by Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post

Do you scrub the seats hard with the Tuf Shine brush? Or is it for the crevices in the threads or how do you use it?
    Good question and good insight.

I primarily was using this brush to get into the seems and crevices. This car sat for over 20 years in a Tin Shack. No security, the shack was about to fall over. I think I can get a picture of it.

The entire interior was scummy, and there was surface mold in places. I wish I would have had a brush made by SONAX for doing interior work but the only one I have someone used and left kind of gross. So I grabbed the Tuf Shine Tire brush because I used it last and it was clean. When I'm done using a brush, while it has some kind of CLEANER already on it - I simply rinse it and then it's clean for the next person.

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post

Have a good friend of mine that just bought a Oldsmobile 98 '67 convertible. And I have not looked so close yet to the seats if they are lether or vinyl. So followed this detailing part closely. And have the Tuf Shine brush so just wondering how you use it.

/ Tony
    The Tuf Shine worked well for getting into seams and crevices, but on the flat areas it was only okay. I also used a simple terrycloth wash cloth for all the vinyl surfaces. The more stout nap of terrycloth is an effective and safe way to scrub vinyl and leather.

3. Thanks SWETM thanked for this post
    Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Mike. Will have the Tuf Shine brush with me at least. To sad that the Olds has a very bad repaint. Seems like they have just sprayed on the color base coat layer and skipped the clearcoat LOL. If he founds it to be a keeper he will repaint in the spring. So will be doing the other parts as interior and engine compartment and such as thorough as possible.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Aaryn NZ View Post

These Tornador Velocity Vacuum Attachments are awesome, they work incredibly well.

Aaryn NZ.
    I think for some cleaning jobs they are the BEST!

The way the tornado effect of air being blasted into the carpet and then the "velocity" vacuum extracting everything - you just can't do this with vacuuming alone.

The technique for using it is different. I tried to shoot a FB Live video but I really needed someone else there to hold the phone.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bucket List Buff - 1968 Shelby Mustang GT350 - Detailed by Mike Phillips

OMG! Beautiful! I have always been a Ford Mustang/Shelby guy since 1968! I was around 7 in my 1st ride in a Mustang. Ever since I got hooked on that pony car. Seeing your pics of the Shelby made my heart go pitter patter a little harder than normal! KEEP ON ROCKING! You are very lucky to work on those rides!
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post

I think for some cleaning jobs they are the BEST!

The way the tornado effect of air being blasted into the carpet and then the "velocity" vacuum extracting everything - you just can't do this with vacuuming alone.

The technique for using it is different. I tried to shoot a FB Live video but I really needed someone else there to hold the phone.

Yes Mike, I agree.

With manufacturers building cars with cheaper & cheaper (majority anyhow) materials, definitely one component that has suffered is the carpets in my opinion. That weird nylon scrambled weave that so many use nowadays is a shocker for keeping hold of every piece of whatever lands on it.

That’s where this Tornador Velocity Vac Attachment comes into its own. What could normally take up to ten minutes to vacuum a floor section can be dramatically cut down, & I mean REALLY cut down.

I have a video of this tool in action if you would like me to send it through for you to use Mike?

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Great thread Mike. What an awsome bucket list car to work on. Cant wait for more

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Vreyes View Post

Great thread Mike. What an awesome bucket list car to work on. Cant wait for more

Stay tuned and "yes" I agree. Two very cool cars as well as iconic muscle cars. Carrol Shelby had a HUGE influence in the car industry and car hobby.

These are the kinds of cars that with this story, (they were found in a tin shack) you would see them on a TV show. They would have been great candidates for our last show, Competition Ready.

10. Likes Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

But, did you get to drive them?????

Mike Phillips

This weekend...

Paint Correction Time!

Stay tuned - Pre-SEMA Surprise!

13. Likes Aaryn NZ liked this post
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast