autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is there a Bubba Proof Compound and Polish?

You'll get a lot of different opinions on the forums and that's because there are a lot of good products out there. It helps a lot but can also lead to confusion some times. I've tried many products and some have not lived up to the hype. For me, one that does and I have switched to almost exclusively as of late is the Griots Boss Creams. They have 3 different ones depending on level of correction needed. I have used both with my PC 7424 and my Rupes. Good results with both.

I've never tried the Pinnacle that Mike recommends but I am sure they are good to, his pictures back it up. Anyway, one of the first responses on this thread was Griots Boss and I second it.
    2005 Nissan 350z (Polish Angel Viking-Coat)/2020 AMG GLC43 (Polish Angel Viking-Coat and Auto Gliss 2.0)/2012 Honda Odyssey TE (Jescar Power Lock)/2020 AMG C43 (CQuartz UK3.0 and Auto Gliss 2.0)

2. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Don't perceive this as a hard sell, that's not me. But from experience (years ago), the value of never having to do a job a second time because the abrasive technology didn't work.

You experienced this already with the AIO that micro-marred the heck out of your car's paint. I asked you to trust me, you did. I sent you a product that uses great abrasive technology and un-did the damage the other product inflicted into your car's already factory thin paint. You basically did that car twice.

Forget the cost of the first AIO you used - what's your time worth?

Besides the above, the Pinnacle products aren't any more expensive than 3M products and none of the 3M products on the below page actually state they can be used with orbital polishers. 3M doesn't make orbital products.

3M Rubbing Compounds and Polishes

Just perspective and context.

I'm not complaining one bit...I trust you whole heartedly, hence me posting on the Ask Mike sub-forum, I was ready for anything that you told me!

I'm fully aware quality products cost more than average products, this applies to anything in life. I'm in the consumer electronics business, used to focus on high-end audio so I do understand what it cost for quality, even to the extremes.

Also, this is not my car but my best friends car, I don't want to mess it up!

Again, thank you the recommendation, I'll be placing my order in the next day or two.

Jay

Sent from my iPad using Autogeekonline mobile app

Mike Phillips

If you look through this thread, one of the best documented roadshow classes I’ve created - you’ll see the primary products I teach because I trust them.

323 Pictures - Autogeek's Hands-On Roadshow Detailing Classes!

Look and see...

Post Thanks / Like

Will the PNB Compound or Polish stain any of the trim and is it necessary to tape off the trim?

Thank you,
    Jay

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Jayfro View Post

Will the PNB Compound or Polish stain any of the trim and is it necessary to tape off the trim?

Thank you,
    Jay

No more than any other compound or polish.

None of us should be creaming over trim with a spinning buffing pad loaded full of any brand of compound or polish, or even a cleaner/wax. Even if the manufacturer claims it wont stain trim. It's bad technique.

A better technique or "Best Practice" is to do one of two things,

1: Tape off trim - especially PEBBLE TEXUTRED PLASTIC TRIM - the detailers nightmare

2: Slow down and avoid getting compound and polish residue on trim in the first place.

Post Thanks / Like

)
    I love using that combo!!! The Peanut and Mirka discs.

But from experience (years ago), the value of never having to do a job a second time because the abrasive technology didn't work.
    Exactly what led me to stray away from my "tried and true" combo that had worked on several cars. The compound was doing very little. After several hours on just the hood, I went and got two other products. Massive improvement and time saved!

You know, Mike, I just may pick up the Pinnacle Polish. I've waited long enough. On your suggestion, I went and got the Autogeek knee pad. Only wished I would have done so sooner! Love that thing.

Post Thanks / Like

Finished the S4 this evening, I'll post a review/pics in the coming days....it turned out very good.

Sent from my iPad using Autogeekonline mobile app

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Jayfro View Post

Finished the S4 this evening, I'll post a review/pics in the coming days....it turned out very good.

Good to hear. I've been traveling and teaching but also following you and your projects.

Pictures: Autogeek’s Roadshow Class with PRAXIS Detailing in Auburn, Indiana

Looking forward to pictures and comments....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123