autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best Sio2 spray ceramic

Renew protect glas, glasI and glas2

Post Thanks / Like

For what I look for in a sacrificial layer on top of a coating:
    1. Kamikaze Overcoat
    2. Polish Angel Cosmic Spritz
    3. 22ple Final Coat VS1
    4. IGL Premier
    5. Feynlab Ceramic Spray Sealant
    6. Polish Angel High Gloss
    7. Gyeon Cure
    8. CarPro Reload
    9.. HydroSilex Recharge
    10. Nanolex SiFinish
    11. Gtechniq Liquid Crystal C2V3

If looking for a stand-alone:
    1. Gyeon CanCoat
    2. IGL Premier
    3. Feynlab Ceramic Spray Sealant

Haven't used but I'd guess Cquartz Lite would be right up there with CanCoat and TAC Moonlight *might* be in the mix.

Actually wouldn't be surprised if the CQ Lite moved ahead of CanCoat; after watching CQ UK 3 + Gliss V2 for the past few months...CarPro has proven to be quite the nice lineup after I've given a few of their products a try. Have 4 litres of Reset coming Monday (finally) and Eraser is quite nice as well. Very nice stuff that for some reason I never really delved into until recently...my mistake.

3. Likes spazzz, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    1. Kamikaze Overcoat
    3. 22ple Final Coat VS1
    4. IGL Premier
    7. Gyeon Cure
    8. CarPro Reload
    9.. HydroSilex Recharge
    10. Nanolex SiFinish

1. Gyeon CanCoat
    2. IGL Premier

Haven't used but I'd guess Cquartz Lite would be right up there with CanCoat and TAC Moonlight *might* be in the mix.

Actually wouldn't be surprised if the CQ Lite moved ahead of CanCoat; after watching CQ UK 3 + Gliss V2 for the past few months...CarPro has proven to be quite the nice lineup after I've given a few of their products a try. Have 4 litres of Reset coming Monday (finally) and Eraser is quite nice as well. Very nice stuff that for some reason I never really delved into until recently...my mistake.
    Holy-Moly
    I take it you have a shelf with these products in varying degrees of volume.
    How do you decide which one to use?

By now you must have settled on a key product after your few years of testing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    1. Kamikaze Overcoat
    3. 22ple Final Coat VS1
    4. IGL Premier
    7. Gyeon Cure
    8. CarPro Reload
    9.. HydroSilex Recharge
    10. Nanolex SiFinish

1. Gyeon CanCoat
    2. IGL Premier
    These are some high praises for Feynlab Spray Sealant, coming from a very respectful user. I had this one on the back burner due to it not being mentioned much.

Is it strong durability/protection that puts it on your standalone list, or is it longevity? When I did my SiO2 Spray list earlier this year, it wasn’t discussed as being in the Cancoat/Moonlight/TI-22/Premiere leagues for longevity. I had assumed it’s more like a 2-3 month avg good weather longevity and had planned to use it as such, but your list has me intrigued about having powers greater than I’ve assumed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    These are some high praises for Feynlab Spray Sealant, coming from a very respectful user. I had this one on the back burner due to it not being mentioned much.

Is it strong durability/protection that puts it on your standalone list, or is it longevity? When I did my SiO2 Spray list earlier this year, it wasn’t discussed as being in the Cancoat/Moonlight/TI-22/Premiere leagues for longevity. I had assumed it’s more like a 2-3 month avg good weather longevity and had planned to use it as such, but your list has me intrigued about having powers greater than I’ve assumed.
    It's quite stout, even has an application 'feel' to it similar to Premier. Feynlab is a solid mfg.

I used it, watched it and then sent it on to a fellow Autopian...gflnaz perhaps in AZ? I think he found it suitable as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by spazzz View Post
    Holy-Moly
    I take it you have a shelf with these products in varying degrees of volume.
    How do you decide which one to use?

By now you must have settled on a key product after your few years of testing.
    I keep a few things laying around but as far as toppers go, I limit personal use to Overcoat and Cosmic Spritz.

Wife's PPF'd Summer toy gets the Cosmic, her winter car gets Overcoat and my year round daily used to get Overcoat but recently re-done with a new coating that I'm letting ride with no topper/booster.

7. Thanks acuRAS82 thanked for this post
    Likes SWETM, spazzz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Budget before you showed pictures I was gonna say best thing about budgetplan1 is he has actually tried the products and used in real world that he recommended he is not giving his opinion based off someone who used the product and came to a conclusion. You would be a good dude to trade with I got a few products that would be interesting.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UncleDavy View Post
    This past weekend was my first experience with the SiO2 spray. I stopped by the Mothers trailer at the Barrett-Jackson auction and the kid talked me into the CMX. It went on easily and removed easily. I has not rained here all week so I am not yet able to judge its performance. I have a question for you guys. I like to do rinseless washes and Wolfgang Uber is my go to product. I have heard that the gloss enhancers and other ingredients can clog a ceramic coating. Is there a rinseless wash concentrate that works well with ceramic coating? I just purchased some Ech2o.
    Yes mckee37 N914 and Atomic Rinseless both leave nothing behind

There are also sio2 infused rinseless also but pricey

10. Thanks UncleDavy thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mgavin1985 View Post
    Budget before you showed pictures I was gonna say best thing about budgetplan1 is he has actually tried the products and used in real world that he recommended he is not giving his opinion based off someone who used the product and came to a conclusion. You would be a good dude to trade with I got a few products that would be interesting.
    :lol: At this point, I'm only interested in bottles moving *out* of my cabinet!

12. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you have to do any paint prep before applying any of these spray sealants?

I recently bought the McKee’s si02 that you spray on and hose off.

I have been applying griots best of show wax to keep it protected, but would like to try a spray sealant.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Automoglow View Post
    Do you have to do any paint prep before applying any of these spray sealants?

I recently bought the McKee’s si02 that you spray on and hose off.

I have been applying griots best of show wax to keep it protected, but would like to try a spray sealant.
    Preferred to have a clean surface, yes, for best performance/longevity. But some of them seem to be close enough to their best on top of un-prepped surfaces, particularly the PBMG ones and I consider Mckees to be part of that group regardless of current ownership.

If you could wash with a degreasing soap or coating prep soap though, that would help. Much less work than real polish/prep.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast