autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's
 

» Detailing Classes

New Dates Available for the Autogeek Roadshow!
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    13
    Post Thanks / Like

    Which Color Pads Green vs Blue

    Mike, I read the link you sent on one of my posts about how many pads needed. I'm going with LC Flat pads and I know I'll need about 6 cutting (orange pads). I know you recommended 4 white polishing pads. What about green vs blue? It looks like green and blue are polishing pads with green being slightly more aggressive than blue and it says better for AIO's. Will one do just as good as the other or do you recommend both...and how many?

  2. #2
    Senior Member PaulMys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    L.I. NY
    Posts
    4,241
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Which Color Pads Green vs Blue

    Yes, the green has little cutting ability, and the blue almost none. (On their own.)

    These are really used mainly for paint that is in really good condition to quickly apply a cleaner wax or sealant.

    If you were to pick some of these up, you don't really need a whole bunch. Maybe 2-3 of each if you plan on using these for a regular-sized car.

    Where you need to stock up is in your cutting/heavy polishing pad stock.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

  3. Thanks nprotz thanked for this post
    Likes nprotz liked this post
  4. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    13
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Which Color Pads Green vs Blue

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Yes, the green has little cutting ability, and the blue almost none. (On their own.)

    These are really used mainly for paint that is in really good condition to quickly apply a cleaner wax or sealant.

    If you were to pick some of these up, you don't really need a whole bunch. Maybe 2-3 of each if you plan on using these for a regular-sized car.

    Where you need to stock up is in your cutting/heavy polishing pad stock.
    So it seems like I don’t really need both green and blue. Would you just get maybe say 2 green and 1 blue? Also seems like black wouldn’t be necessary. Looks like it’s for wax which it seems like the blue would work for too?


    Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

  5. #4
    Senior Member PaulMys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    L.I. NY
    Posts
    4,241
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Which Color Pads Green vs Blue

    You can never have too many pads. Lol

    That said, I would get one of each to try out for yourself, then pick the one you like the most and grab a couple more.

    JMO
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

  6. Thanks nprotz thanked for this post
    Likes nprotz liked this post
  7. #5
    Director of Training Mike Phillips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Stuart, Florida
    Posts
    42,481
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Which Color Pads Green vs Blue

    Quote Originally Posted by nprotz View Post


    What about green vs blue?

    It looks like green and blue are polishing pads with green being slightly more aggressive than blue and it says better for AIO's.

    Will one do just as good as the other or do you recommend both...and how many?


    You can pretty much do everything with the orange, white and black pads. Use the white pads for your AIO. That is unless you want "dedicated" AIO pads then go with the LC green flat pads.


    Mike Phillips
    Director of Training Autogeek & Marine 31
    IDA Board Member - Certified Detailer - Skills Validated Detailer - IDA Recognized Trainer
    Mike Phillips Facebook Page
    Twitter
    Instagram
    Mike Phillips Detail Files YouTube Playlist
    Sign-up for Mike's Tips & Techniques Newsletter


  8. Thanks nprotz thanked for this post
    Likes nprotz liked this post
  9. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    13
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Which Color Pads Green vs Blue

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    You can pretty much do everything with the orange, white and black pads. Use the white pads for your AIO. That is unless you want "dedicated" AIO pads then go with the LC green flat pads.


    Thanks Mike! How do those compare to the Buff and Shine pads? Would you recommend one over the other?

Similar Threads

  1. Hydro blue turned moss green color?
    By Ryanm in forum McKees 37
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 08-22-2018, 06:45 PM
  2. What color of green on the Camaro?
    By Mike Phillips in forum Ask Mike Phillips your detailing questions!
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-16-2015, 01:49 PM
  3. What pad is this color of Green?
    By TimCar in forum Auto Detailing 101
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 01-18-2012, 10:03 PM
  4. Blue or Green Tape
    By ORS in forum Auto Detailing 101
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-05-2008, 05:33 PM
  5. Green 3m Tape Not Blue
    By trhland in forum Auto Detailing 101
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-17-2007, 04:16 PM

Members who have read this thread: 24

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

» May 2019

S M T W T F S
282930 1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31 1