autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dealership messed up sio2 coating I think?

Quote Originally Posted by TMQ View Post
    Oh before I forget---

See if you can find scratches in paint. Maybe in sun or pull inside garage and see. If not sure---pull out your I phone and check.

All scratches will jump out through the phone!

That should shed clues to quality of their work and give you idea of what they did for 6 hours.

Tom

Sorry---will shut up for now. Grin...
    Awesome thank you

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys, update here. I have an appointment this upcoming Tuesday to have the windshield corrected. It is definitely messed up from using the wipers during the curing phase after the coating. That being said, the hood seems to actually be better now and is acting more like it is coated. Maybe it needed more cure time to look more like a coated car? But whatever.

Question is, what do I need to make sure they do to fix this. I posted a couple photos below. If they don't load I will submit them via imgur as well. You can see here very clearly what the "coated" part of the windshield looks like where the wipers have ran over it. The pics are of the windshield after I rubbed over them with a wet mf towel. The foggy spot to the left on the photo is where it is coated. The portion to the right that is clear as can be is from me running two light passes with a DA polisher using a black megs polish pad and 3m perfect it polish at 4000 rpm. Seems to have removed it completely... Thank GOD they didn't use a real coating like Gtechniqs ultra. And also, what the hell does this even look like to you guys? My previous cars felt slick after coating and this feels rough pretty much everywhere. Still sheets and beads like coated for the most part. Should I just skip the appt and do a full polish to remove and coat myself with the powerlock plus I have on hand here and forget the ceramic coat altogether? Any advise is appreciated be it from Mike or anyone else for that matter.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I work at a dealer. (Driver and lot guy).

What I can say without a doubt is this: NEVER let a dealer (or whomever they use) touch your paint if you are in any way particular about it.

Dealers are in the game of cheap, quick details. Dirty car off the lot at noon, a brush dunked in dirty wash water to "wash it", dirty towel to dry it, No-name cleaner wax applied haphazardly, greasy tire goo applied, and delivered to the customer at 3pm.

For 99% of people buying a new car, this is acceptable. But, the fact that you are on this forum asking about your bad experience proves that you are not one of those 99%. You care.

I would see if I could get any type of refund, and then just tackle this hack job myself. :/
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

4. Thanks laramik thanked for this post
    Likes TMQ liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12