autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Mike Phillips

Crane Polishing with BLACKFIRE One Step

Crane Polishing with BLACKFIRE One Step

While at Barrett-Jackson for Detail Fest this year, I had a gentleman come through the Autogeek Booth and show me some picture of a Crane that he detailed using BLACKFIRE One Step. My first thought was,

What a pain that must be to detail! It's so big and far different in body panel design than a car"

So much RESPECT to anyone that has the motivation to tackle such a huge project. I asked him to send me the pictures and told him I would share them on the forum.

Greetings Mike!

It was great to spend some time with you at the show this week. I bought the cordless Flex rotary while I was there and look forward to the cordless 3401.

You will see the bottle of BLACKFIRE One Step on the hood of the crane, and the last picture is the “before” pic.

I used my DeWALT rotary and the blue Lake country Hybrid wool pads on the boom of the Crane, and the Flex 3401 with the same pads on the rest of the paint. After acid washing ALL of the aluminum, I used a microfiber pad on my 3401 and a few drops of Busch polish to shine the diamond plate.

I used my Tornador filled with ONR to clean the pads between passes on the paint.

All total I have 25 hours into the whole detail, wash, clay, acid wash aluminum, polish, buff, Beer!

The BLACKFIRE One Step made the job much quicker, and gives it great shine and gloss.

It’s worth noting that most large equipment like this, and semi trucks are single stage paint, no clear coat.

I always enjoy talking to you and reading your posts on detailing.

Thank you,

Russel

And here are the picture of the Crane Russel detailed.

This is the before picture...

Very cool Russel - Thank you for sharing!

2. Likes FrankS, Diner, Aaryn NZ, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Crane Polishing with BLACKFIRE One Step

Awesome!

I enjoy doing these types of details. Something kinda out of the ordinary but still very rewarding.

This is crane looks fantastic, the Blackfire AIO certainly did its job cleaning up the paintwork & providing the shine.
    Outstanding work Russel, thanks to you & Mike for sharing.

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Aaryn NZ View Post

I enjoy doing these types of details. Something kinda out of the ordinary but still very rewarding.

And I enjoy them when someone else is doing them!

I'll stick to cool cars.

5. Likes Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

There is a local crane company here that has a few cranes this size and some smaller and some bigger.
    They are always absolutely flawless all the time as well as all of their trucks,,,at least the outside of them are.

Whats even more crazy is that all of them are a super dark green which makes just keeping them washed a chore.
    “I have trouble with names and faces, but I never forget a car.”

Post Thanks / Like

That’s a baby crane. But Cudos for polishing that beast. We did one by hand at a former employer. Took us a week. Bout 2 times the surface area.Definitely not for the faint of heart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk