autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Want to be sure

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Want to be sure

Start off with the yellow, do a test section. If it looks good finish off the car with the yellow and then repeat the process with the black. I should put on the inner flex pad, yes ?
    Thank you again !!
    Rich

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vette Ski View Post
    Start off with the yellow, do a test section. If it looks good finish off the car with the yellow and then repeat the process with the black. I should put on the inner flex pad, yes ?
    Thank you again !!
    Rich
    No sense in repeating the process with the black pad if your results are satisfactory.

Will you be using another LSP on top of the BF?
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for that. LSP, do you mean another coating of protection, should I ?
    Thank you

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vette Ski View Post
    Thanks for that. LSP, do you mean another coating of protection, should I ?
    Thank you
    Yeah, LSP: Last Stage Product. After a One Step, many use a wax afterward. (I do).
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

5. Thanks Vette Ski thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I would definitely plan on putting a coat of something after BF One Step. BF Midnight Sun looks super on black.

7. Thanks Vette Ski thanked for this post
    Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Vette- the innerflex pad is just for helping the pad conform to contoured panels. I’d do as much as you can without it; I’ve heard of people tearing them up from overusing it.
    There’s a lot of pad movement with the 21mm throw, all getting transmitted through 2 layers of Velcro. Overuse generates a lot of heat which can break that innerflex pad down. I think they may have updated it since it was released, so it may be less of an issue.

For smaller contours with a long throw polisher, there’s a technique where you apply only light pressure and the pad actually ends up rotating the opposite direction it normally would; since you’re maintaining rotation you’re still getting correction. I’ll try and find some references to that method.

Confession- I’m still only 8mm throw so I’ll let others better experienced take over!

9. Thanks Vette Ski thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Griots recommends the boss yellow pads for one step. It leaves behind protection so now you have to figure out what kinda protection you want. Wax, sealant, sio2 sealant, ceramic coating. For simple and ease of use check out Griots boss foaming system. Great foaming surface wash and the polygloss gets great reviews.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Thanks Vette Ski thanked for this post
    Mike Phillips

Just to chime in,

There are 2 reason you do a Test Spot.

1: To dial in a process that gets the job done, i.e. get the paint to look how you want it to look while using the least aggressive process.

2: By testing first and finding the least aggressive process, you LEAVE MORE PAINT ON THE CAR.

Factory clearcoats are thin so why use a foam cutting pad with a cleaner/wax is a foam polishing pad will get the job done.

Also - when using a one-step cleaner/wax you use it like a compound or polish, that is use plenty of product so you have plenty of chemical cleaners, abrasives, lubricants on the surface WORKING FOR YOU.

Don't do like some guys suggest and use 3 peas sized drops. That's simply not enough product when using a one-step.

I think I have articles on so many of these topics. If you like I'll cyber-dig them up.

13. Thanks Maxreed241 thanked for this post
    Likes Maxreed241 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all for the enormous info. on this topic. I will try to apply it all when the weather breaks here in Jersey. I certainly appreciate any and all help on this prior to starting my projects
    Yes Mike, any articles will be of great assistance and much appreciated! To all that added comments I do also appreciate your time and advice !!!!
    Till later
    Rich

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Yeah, LSP: Last Stage Product. After a One Step, many use a wax afterward. (I do).
    I do have some wax products on my garage shelf, can paste waxes be used I have mothers pure 12 oz. carnauba wax, but how to apply it to the buffing pad?
    But will purchase the Blackfire midnight sun and try it out.
    I am guessing that is applied with the black pads, how much, what speed (3-4)
    Thanks
    Rich
    Just looked on you tube. Carnauba wax applied by hand only?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.