autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Best products for new cars that go through automatic car washes frequently?

I have a newer silver colored Mercedes that goes through one of the automated soft rag type car washes about once a week. What wax product would you recommend to use and how frequently should it be applied? The car is on the road about 40,000 miles a year and I know that the automatic car washes are not the best idea but I travel so much and don't have time to hand wash. I am looking for the best protection I can get with the easiest application. Thanks

2. Likes DETAILROOKIE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best products for new cars that go through automatic car washes frequently?

Quote Originally Posted by mikec35 View Post
    I have a newer silver colored Mercedes that goes through one of the automated soft rag type car washes about once a week. What wax product would you recommend to use and how frequently should it be applied? The car is on the road about 40,000 miles a year and I know that the automatic car washes are not the best idea but I travel so much and don't have time to hand wash. I am looking for the best protection I can get with the easiest application. Thanks

First off, congratulations on the new car, it is beautiful.

When I lived in an apartment, I took my car through the car wash frequently and used Collinite 845 and Fk1000p with great success! My car was Black and used to get asked how I kept the car so wet looking.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Autogeekonline mobile app

4. Likes mikec35 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Highest performance I ever used was Duragloss 111. Probably even better when used with their 601 Bonding Agent.

A customer had Collinite 476 that delivered incredible repellency.

We at the car wash were surprised at how long the Duragloss lasted on the bosses car though.

I used Zymol Concours on his Sunday driver (2011 Corvette), that managed to withstand multiple tunnel washes..

6. Likes mikec35 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I would suggest touchless carwashes. Do a search "touchless car washes near me" and you might find one close
    2012 Dodge Challenger RT Classic Bright Silver
    2018 Ford F150 Xlt Sport 4X4 Magnetic Grey

8. Likes Thomkirby, Goonie75, ssnimrod, mikec35 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hoyt66 View Post
    I would suggest touchless carwashes. Do a search "touchless car washes near me" and you might find one close
    ^^^^^this

10. Likes Thomkirby, mikec35 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This is it? The most relevant and important question on the entire board and it gets 5 posts? lol. I want to know more, as I now don't have time to spend 4 hours hand washing my car every week. I was told by a guy that said touchless washes can be harsher because the soaps have to be harsher to dissolve dirt without physical agitation. So now should I be avoiding touchless car washes? I'm going to use collinite 476 this month.

12. Likes mikec35, AV8R liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buddiiee View Post
    This is it? The most relevant and important question on the entire board and it gets 5 posts? lol. I want to know more, as I now don't have time to spend 4 hours hand washing my car every week. I was told by a guy that said touchless washes can be harsher because the soaps have to be harsher to dissolve dirt without physical agitation. So now should I be avoiding touchless car washes? I'm going to use collinite 476 this month.
    4 hours to wash!
    Every week! Wow I been so doing it wrong... Best products for new cars that go through automatic car washes frequently?Best products for new cars that go through automatic car washes frequently?

Sent from my iPad using Autogeekonline mobile app

14. Thanks mikec35 thanked for this post
    Likes mikec35 liked this post
    Dislikes mikec35 disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DETAILROOKIE View Post
    First off, congratulations on the new car, it is beautiful.

When I lived in an apartment, I took my car through the car wash frequently and used Collinite 845 and Fk1000p with great success! My car was Black and used to get asked how I kept the car so wet looking.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Autogeekonline mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    Highest performance I ever used was Duragloss 111. Probably even better when used with their 601 Bonding Agent.

A customer had Collinite 476 that delivered incredible repellency.

We at the car wash were surprised at how long the Duragloss lasted on the bosses car though.

I used Zymol Concours on his Sunday driver (2011 Corvette), that managed to withstand multiple tunnel washes..
    Does collinite have chemical cleaners in it?

Post Thanks / Like

This is it? The most relevant and important question on the entire board and it gets 5 posts? lol. I want to know more, as I now don't have time to spend 4 hours hand washing my car every week.
    When a vehicle is maintained and you have a decent set up, you should be able to hand wash in about 30 minutes.

17. Likes Thomkirby liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Everyone has the same amount of time. You just choose to spend yours on something else. It shouldn't take you more than an hour to hand wash a car and bi weekly is more than enough.

19. Likes ssnimrod liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast