autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Machine and arm speed for Pinnacle Jeweling Wax

Getting ready to use Pinnacle Jeweling Wax. I will be applying it using the Flex XFE-7 "The Finisher" and the Lake Country "Green" CCS pads. It will be the final step in the process after polishing.

What speed setting to use for the machine and what type of arm speed? Should there be any pressure applied?

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Machine and arm speed for Pinnacle Jeweling Wax

Whenever I use a jewelling wax with my Flex I keep the machine speed between 3-4 and use very slow arm speeds. I also limit the application to maybe 2-3 section passes in a cross hatch pattern. I'm not correcting or working the paint, just covering and machine weight only.

I like to work it into the finished paint and insure complete coverage. I also like LC black or blue pads and occassionally white.

Now, having said that, the Pinnacle Souvereign Jewelling Wax does have some very mild abrasives. if you are trying for very mild correction you can increase your section passes.

That is just my approach and am curious to hear others.

Mike Phillips

I'll chime in as I've used this product a lot....

If I'm using it as a one-step that includes removing swirls and scratches then I'm using it with the BEAST or the CBEAST. The XFE7-15 aka the FINISHER as it's name implies is for finishing than correction.

BUT - if I was going to use the FINISHER for correction work then I would use a foam polishing pad and turn the speed setting up to 11 and go to town. Also - when using a one-step to correct you use it like a compound, that is you use quarter size drops of product not silly little, tiny pea sized drops. I never understood the guys that do this?

You want and NEED lots of lubrication, solvents, chemical cleaners and abrasives WORKING FOR YOU.

If I was just CLEANING UP after a correction step then the FINISHER with Pinnacle Jeweling Wax would be great and very easy buff out. I would still be on speed 11 as you want to ensure pad rotation so you're removing haze left over by the previous step plus maximize gloss and clarity.

One thing for sure - let the product fully dry before wiping it off. When you do this it wipes so super easy. If you wipe off to early - this is the same thing as applying, thus it's not going to wipe off easy.

What are you working on?

4. Likes custmsprty liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Just to note - I have a Roadshow Class in Aubern, Indiana at the Kruse Museum in July

Scroll down to find dates and locations...

2019 Roadshow Class Dates and Locations

The classes are incredibly hands-on and I pretty much do a Brain-Dump at all of them.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, good point about product amount on the pad...i use it "wet".

Post Thanks / Like

Good info. Thanks for the responses.

The car is a ‘57 Bel Air. “Matador Red”. I am a DIY and recently acquired the car. It has light scratches and swirls. I have time to try and get that last 1% out of the gloss. I am anxious to get started on correcting it.

Mike....I was going to drive over to Columbus, Ohio to take your class there but Auburn looks like just the ticket in July. I hope it has Air Conditioning. I will sign up ASAP.

Craig