autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Surface Coating - Longevity Reports?

Mike,
    Do you have any reports back on the long term life of this product, ie. how long between coatings?

We used it at the January Boot Camp and it was easy to apply and looked great. The cost is more than a many of the ceramic coating products offered by AG but the application process was almost painless. I might jump and buy me a bottle of it the next time the forum gets a 25%-off email again, I missed it earlier this week.

For those unfamiliar with that here is the description on the product page Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Surface Coating, paint coating, nano glass paint coating:
    Black Label Diamond Surface Coating should only be applied to vehicles that have first been polished with Black Label Surface Cleansing Polish. This step is crucial as it removes contaminants, oils, and fillers that would otherwise prevent the coating from bonding. Once that is completed, application of Diamond Surface Coating is as simple as spraying on and evenly distributing with a foam applicator. Wait 24 hours before topping with your favorite carnauba paste wax. Use Black Label Diamond Coating Shampoo to rejuvenate the shine and water beading.

Directions:
    1. Ensure surface is cool to the touch and out of direct sunlight.
    2. Place your hand in a plastic sandwich baggy and feel the surface. If it feels rough or gritty, use Pinnacle Ultra Poly Clay.
    3. Polish the surface using Black Label Surface Cleansing Polish. This step is crucial as it removes polishing oils that would otherwise prevent the coating from properly bonding.
    4. Working one panel at a time, spray Diamond Surface Coating directly onto the surface and evenly distribute using a Lake Country Coating Applicator.
    5. Work the coating into the surface until it disappears.
    6. If high spots occur, lightly buff with a clean, soft, lint-free microfiber towel.

Check out the Black Label Diamond Coating Application Guide for more thorough instructions on how to apply the coating.

Thanks for any experience you can share with the forum.

Kirby

Mike Phillips

Re: Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Surface Coating - Longevity Reports?

Quote Originally Posted by Thomkirby View Post

Mike,
    Do you have any reports back on the long term life of this product, ie. how long between coatings?

Kirby

You know, I don't have any feedback from users of this product just my own experience. I've been using it since it was launched and the paint on the cars I use it on always,

Looks great
    Feel slick
    Wash fast
    Dry fast

I don't think I've ever let an entire year go by before I've done something to the paint again so longevity isn't a primary concern.

I am trying to get to a new article on this product, just takes so long to write a "real" how-to article.

I do love this product though and just came up with a new application method that is now my go-to method for application. I'm going to write and article about this too....

3. Likes mbkite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Thomkirby View Post
    Mike,

We used it at the January Boot Camp and it was easy to apply and looked great. The cost is more than a many of the ceramic coating products offered by AG but the application process was almost painless. I might jump and buy me a bottle of it the next time the forum gets a 25%-off email again, I missed it earlier this week.

For those unfamiliar with that here is the description on the product page Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Surface Coating, paint coating, nano glass paint coating:
    Black Label Diamond Surface Coating should only be applied to vehicles that have first been polished with Black Label Surface Cleansing Polish. This step is crucial as it removes contaminants, oils, and fillers that would otherwise prevent the coating from bonding. Once that is completed, application of Diamond Surface Coating is as simple as spraying on and evenly distributing with a foam applicator. Wait 24 hours before topping with your favorite carnauba paste wax. Use Black Label Diamond Coating Shampoo to rejuvenate the shine and water beading.

Directions:
    1. Ensure surface is cool to the touch and out of direct sunlight.
    2. Place your hand in a plastic sandwich baggy and feel the surface. If it feels rough or gritty, use Pinnacle Ultra Poly Clay.
    3. Polish the surface using Black Label Surface Cleansing Polish. This step is crucial as it removes polishing oils that would otherwise prevent the coating from properly bonding.
    4. Working one panel at a time, spray Diamond Surface Coating directly onto the surface and evenly distribute using a Lake Country Coating Applicator.
    5. Work the coating into the surface until it disappears.
    6. If high spots occur, lightly buff with a clean, soft, lint-free microfiber towel.

Check out the Black Label Diamond Coating Application Guide for more thorough instructions on how to apply the coating.

Kirby

Did you guys use the pinnacle Surface cleansing Polish to prep it?

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post

Did you guys use the pinnacle Surface cleansing Polish to prep it?
    No... after compounding and polishing we used the BLACKFIRE Paint Prep.

I prefer a spray-on panel wipe, just goes faster. At my 3-day classes we detail 12 cars in 3 days, sometimes more so time is of the essence.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    No... after compounding and polishing we used the BLACKFIRE Paint Prep.

I prefer a spray-on panel wipe, just goes faster. At my 3-day classes we detail 12 cars in 3 days, sometimes more so time is of the essence.

Yeah I like the spray better too.