autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

View Poll Results: Which Autogeek/Barrett-Jackson events would you attend?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Palm Beach, FL 2019

1 50.00%
  • Northeast 2019 (Mohegan Sun, Uncasville, CT)

2 100.00%
  • Las Vegas, Nevada 2019

1 50.00%
  • Scottsdale, Arizona 2020

1 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Mike, will Autogeek be at Barrett-Jackson Northeast 2019?

Hi Mike,

With about four months to go before the event, will Autogeek be at Barrett-Jackson Northeast (Mohegan Sun in Uncasville, CT), June 26-29, 2019? I remember when the original announcement was made that you were considering attending other Barrett-Jackson events, and I know many of us would like to see you and the Autogeek team at a show outside of Palm Beach. Please consider it if the decision hasn't already been made!

And if there are others who are also interested in Autogeek attending Barrett-Jackson events outside of Palm Beach, please respond to this thread and let your thoughts be known- let's show how much interest there truly is!

Mike Phillips

Re: Mike, will Autogeek be at Barrett-Jackson Northeast 2019?

Quote Originally Posted by SwedishRider View Post
    Hi Mike,

With about four months to go before the event, will Autogeek be at Barrett-Jackson Northeast (Mohegan Sun in Uncasville, CT), June 26-29, 2019? I remember when the original announcement was made that you were considering attending other Barrett-Jackson events, and I know many of us would like to see you and the Autogeek team at a show outside of Palm Beach. Please consider it if the decision hasn't already been made!

And if there are others who are also interested in Autogeek attending Barrett-Jackson events outside of Palm Beach, please respond to this thread and let your thoughts be known- let's show how much interest there truly is!

Great feedback and questions!

This is Meghan’s department and she reads the forum so I’m sure she’ll see this thread.

Outside of the date for the Barrett-Jackson event in April, I haven’t heard anything else?

Mike Phillips

Also just to add....

I think for this first event we're doing what's called,

Test the waters

That is, do this first show and see how it works out for everyone involved. This would include Barrett-Jackson, Autogeek and our vendors. By doing one event, everyone will learn a lot, like what works and what doesn't work. Then everyone involved will have a better idea as to the direction to go moving forward.

I know one thing that a lot of people don't see on the outside looking is is the logistics involved with doing any event. For example, when I schedule a roadshow class, I have to look at any events or holidays taking place the weekend before and the weekend after the proposed date for a class. This makes things complicated. Especially when the shipping time to ship one or two pallets is a factor. It takes a few days to a week and longer depending on how far the event location is in relationship to Stuart, Florida. In other words, to ship a 1000+ pound pallet of tools, products and supplies to Southern California takes at least a week. If I'm teaching one of the big 3-day classes here at Autogeek, (January, May and September), I have to have ALL our tools here to ensure everyone attending has their own tools, pads and products. (whatever we're using in a class, EVERYONE has it in their hand, tool, clay, bottle of compound etc)

So when we start talking about doing off-site events, besides whether or not the event "works" for everyone there is also the logistics of getting employees and stuff to and back from the event. Stuff can include the EZ-up Autogeek booths, tables, products, cash register, computers, etc. Plus transportation, hotels, rental cars and meals-on-the road. All of these things add up to substantial costs and in the real world, the company making this type of investment also needs to see some form of return on the investment.

So there's a LOT that goes into putting on and/or participating in any event, local or nationwide.

4. Thanks SwedishRider thanked for this post
    Likes Thomkirby, SwedishRider liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Mike. I hear you about logistics- it's got to be a mini-nightmare when you have to pack up all your gear for a show (in additional to all the other things that have to be coordinated). I just believe that there are many Autogeek fans who will realistically not be able to attend a Florida event, and are unable to attend a hands-on road show, but would love an opportunity to be part of an event that highlights the best of Autogeek and the tools and tech it offers (while being in the presence of some really amazing cars). I've been to Barrett-Jackson Northeast before, and it was exceptionally well-done. Hopefully the Palm Beach event goes well and Autogeek will consider adding other Barrett-Jackson events to your schedule. Thanks and take care!