autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Rinseless wash on vehicle with salt.

Just bought some uber rinseless wash and used it twice to wash my truck. I live in wi and they use a lot of salt. I was wondering if its safe to use this on my truck with salt. I always spray it down really good with a mixture of the waterless wash, let it sit then clean it with the uber rinseless. I can feel how smooth it is, it doesn't feel like anything is getting dragged to cause scratches.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rinseless wash on vehicle with salt.

Quote Originally Posted by 68bowtie View Post
    Just bought some uber rinseless wash and used it twice to wash my truck. I live in wi and they use a lot of salt. I was wondering if its safe to use this on my truck with salt. I always spray it down really good with a mixture of the waterless wash, let it sit then clean it with the uber rinseless. I can feel how smooth it is, it doesn't feel like anything is getting dragged to cause scratches.
    Are you saying you spray it down with a garden sprayer and a rinseless solution?

Well anyway that's what I do. It gets the sand knocked off and some of the salt film

Last time I think I used 12 towels for a rinseless and just made sure they were holding water.
    You shouldn't have any problem.
    No matter how hard we try, there is still going to be something that needs to be polished in spring after WI winter.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes i presoak it with a waterless solution.

Post Thanks / Like

I will try to go through a touchless carwash to clean my under carriage and remove most salt and grime.

I use one of these style spray bottles Autogeek Chemical Resistant Pressure Sprayer, pump spray bottle, pressurized sprayer and heavily soak the panels so it drips off most grime. I then wipe it down and move to next panels. Essentially pre soaking with this bottle to let most dirt and salt drip off.

I do try to wash most of my waterless towels right away bc of the salt.

Post Thanks / Like

You have one of the best products on the market, here's the best way to use it on a salty ride, I live in Chicagoland BTW. Take your 5 gallon bucket, add 2 ounces of WGU RW and add about 3.5-4.0 gallons of water. Then take a Kwazzer or the Blackfire hand pump sprayer and fill it up with some of your wash solution. Then put in a bunch of your plush, edgeless mf towels and let them soak. Spray one panel at a time, grab a mf towel out of the bucket, lightly wring out, fold the towel into 4's and make a swipe across the panel. You'll notice a line of dirt/salt/muck, then roll that part of the towel out of the way and make 1 or 2 more passes on that section and then move to the next clean section. Once that towel is dirty, throw it aside and continue around till your ride is clean!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

6. Likes PaulMys, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes I have a pressurized sprayer I use. I usually go through the touchless for undercarriage but it was 0 today and didnt want stuff freezing. I just turned heat up in garage and did outside.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I use regular mf towels soaked with solution. I slap them onto the panel and pull with the 2 leading corners. Works on horizontal or vertical surfaces. Flip to a new side then rinse. Rinse frequently and use several to get the job done. There is no hand pressure that would cause scratches. Give it a try.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    You have one of the best products on the market, here's the best way to use it on a salty ride, I live in Chicagoland BTW. Take your 5 gallon bucket, add 2 ounces of WGU RW and add about 3.5-4.0 gallons of water. Then take a Kwazzer or the Blackfire hand pump sprayer and fill it up with some of your wash solution. Then put in a bunch of your plush, edgeless mf towels and let them soak. Spray one panel at a time, grab a mf towel out of the bucket, lightly wring out, fold the towel into 4's and make a swipe across the panel. You'll notice a line of dirt/salt/muck, then roll that part of the towel out of the way and make 1 or 2 more passes on that section and then move to the next clean section. Once that towel is dirty, throw it aside and continue around till your ride is clean!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    ^^^This^^^
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

10. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    My wife thinks I know magic because of the simple steps above. She parks the car after work, it’s a filthy, salty mess. At night I go into the garage for 60mins and viola, she drives a pristine, shiny car to work the next day and her friends and coworkers see the magic and think I’m the man.

12. Likes Klasse Act, minerigger, PaulMys, SWETM, ahslan liked this post