autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: cleaning pads during use

Great work max

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MAXBKS View Post
    Thanks for the compliment Tony but I'm sure if examined up close there is probably plenty still wrong with it.

Bought this car about 3 months ago from my daughter who bought it new while living at the beach. The car was parked right off the sand
    and with the moist night air and steady breeze the car would look almost tan at times for lack of steady washing. It had some horrific
    water spots/etching on front hood and top. Wish I had of taken some close up pics before I started.

products used...nanoskin 7x7" towel and wolfgang uber for lubricant...Griots complete compound-Griots complete polishing...
    collinite 845 and uber as a quick detail. I'm happy with results first time out of the gate.

Oh, I started this thread whining and crying about having to buy more pads so here is my update on that.
    Started with Meguires starter pack 1orange/1white/1black...since have added LC CCS 3orange/3green...LC flats 3/orange/3white
    LC thin pro 2grey/5orange/5white and another black pad for waxing bought off the outlet LC hybrid i think. A real smorgasboard of pads.

Thanks to everyone for the help and suggestions
    Max
    The first time it's not needed to be perfect. And maybe you don't can get it perfect cause of the is too deep and clearcoats are thin and you want some of left LOL. A DD are when you polishing up the finishing polish great. Almost every time looking great from a natuaral looking distance. The deeper defects is often that only you know of and see. So just keeping a paint to shine great does a lot. And you don't see any defects on the paint in the pictures either. That's in my book is great work

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Paul A. View Post
    The correct answers have been provided. You can never have too many pads.

I have, in the long distant past, used 1 pad to buff out a car. One panel and a wet, soapy clean after makes for a loonngg cut/buff session. And that was a thorough fresh water flush, ring out, spin dry on my rotary and MF towel sandwich dry.

2 six packs, 1 orange LC thin pros and another of white LC thin pros should serve you well. You mentioned you already have a wax pad.
    2 six packs seems about right. Work does get a little sloppy, but after 2 six packs, who cares?

Bill

4. Likes Rrthomas78, BillE liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123