autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Truck Tool Boxes

Just looking for some suggestions or input. I used to have an enclosed trailer, 7x12, which I no longer have because the frame snapped on it while I was going down the road. Next I put a 60" Knaack box and a 48"x48" https://mechanicguides.com/best-truck-toolbox/ Pack Rat bed box in my truck to carry just my framing and trim tools, drills, guns, routers, etc in the packrat and table saw, miter saw, etc in the knaack box. But I didn't really like that set up because the Pack Rat took up most of the truck bed. So now I just have the Knaack box, which carries everything except the big saws, but I really don't like this either because everytime I need a drill or a saw or something I have to climb in the bed of the truck.
    The only other option I can thing of is to get side boxes for my truck. I can't really get another trailer because the lots I have been building on are tiny and there isn''t much room, plus I am kind of sick of pulling a trailer around all the time. I could get a van again and probably will in a year or two but don't really want to deal with another expense/payment right now. So I am back to making my present truck work. I have looked online and can't find any examples of what will realistically fit into side boxes (i'm talking about inner boxes that fit on the bedrail) if anyone has these types of boxes and could offer suggestions of how to set them up or what will and will not fit in them if would really help my decision. In a perfect world I would like to put about 6 drills, two routers, jig saw, 3 lasers, 5 or 6 nail guns, sanders, plate jointers, planners, and misc hand tools in the side boxes and then bigger items in either a cross over box or my existing Knaack.
    If there are any framers/trim guys out there that can offer pitures or suggestions I would really appreciate it. I looked for the old gallery pictures but couldn't find them. Sorry for the long post, thanks for reading and thanks for the help.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Truck Tool Boxes

Hi and welcome to Autogeek! While I'm sure there are a few folks out here with trucks and tool boxes, this forum is really designated for autodetailing. I HOPE someone here can answer your questions, I for one cannot, as we're more apt to tell you how to polish and clean the tool boxes rather than recommend what is best for your truck and tool needs.

Hope you get the info you're looking for!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Truck Tool Boxes

I saw the post and was going to say "mothers mag and aluminum polish, lots of terry towels, and a lot of elbow grease".

What about a quality Tonneau cover?