autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: orange peel solutions?

I'll try to get a pic once the stupid sun comes out and I can clean the truck. I may be mistaken but it sounds like some of y'all are thinking its the "rock chip" protection that's down on the rocker panel (I know sometimes it may extend up to the lower section of the doors.) This definitely not that. The truck is two tone, True Blue Metallic (PBU) with silver on wheel openings and lower door/rocker panels. The silver has good gloss as does the roof, hood fenders and the top of the doors down to the upper body line. But from the upper body line down to the top of the silver the paint has little gloss with no reflective qualities, and has a low shine. SWETM's post triggered a thought: Does anyone have a picture of the door and rocker jambs of a Ram 1500 two tone that they know is factory paint? I'd like to compare how the silver on the lower body was masked off in the jambs.

2. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I can probably come up with one shortly just gotta walk the lot and see what we have. May not be silver as it’s not a popular 2 tone color around here at the moment. Seen more walnut this year and the people have been digging it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveT435 View Post
    CarPro makes velvet and denim pads for this, I've never used them. Are you sure it's not some kind of chip resistant paint?? Being on in that area it could be.
    I had some orange peel from a repair. The denim pads w/ Meg's M105 took care of it quickly. Couple of things. 1.) The pads cut quickly, be careful. 2.) The pads become clogged and useless after just 3-4 passes. The pads clogging was a good thing. I threw them in the laundry and forced myself to take a couple days and evaluate what I had done, whether I wanted to do more cutting, etc. But I noticed significantly more reflection after just one session and decided to leave well enough alone. The 3" pads are great for RIDS, BTW.

5. Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MattPersman View Post
    I can probably come up with one shortly just gotta walk the lot and see what we have. May not be silver as it’s not a popular 2 tone color around here at the moment. Seen more walnut this year and the people have been digging it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks Matt, I'd appreciate it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chet31 View Post
    I had some orange peel from a repair. The denim pads w/ Meg's M105 took care of it quickly. Couple of things. 1.) The pads cut quickly, be careful. 2.) The pads become clogged and useless after just 3-4 passes. The pads clogging was a good thing. I threw them in the laundry and forced myself to take a couple days and evaluate what I had done, whether I wanted to do more cutting, etc. But I noticed significantly more reflection after just one session and decided to leave well enough alone. The 3" pads are great for RIDS, BTW.
    I have a feeling that's what mine is. Since both doors on the driver's side have the OP between the upper and lower body lines but not the fender or bed side I think it may have been sideswiped or something similar. I'll look into the denim pads. Thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12