autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Mike Phillips

Wetsanding Offer - 1973 Plymouth Duster for your class?

Wetsanding Offer - 1973 Plymouth Duster for your class?

Anytime I get questions via e-mail, a PM or a FB message I prefer to invest my typing time where

A: It's easier for me to share links, pictures and videos.

B: More people can read and thus benefit from the information. (no just one set of eyeballs)

The reality is, most people that contact me found me via an article I've written or a reply I've written on this forum. The thing is, instead of figuring out that the whole reason they are contacting me is because they found me via an article or answer I wrote on the forum that they to should bring their question to the forum because not only will that help them.... but it will help a future "them". If I answer everything in a private e-mail or other touch point, no one would find and contact me. It's a cycle or pattern that repeats as long as everything is shared in the public domain.

The above is kind of wordy but re-read it slowly and it will make sense.

So I get an e-mail asking,

Hello Mike it's Jamie from Redding, California

My wife's original 1973 Plymouth Duster with the factory 340 and 4 speed is coming out of the paint shop soon. I was wondering if you wanted to use it in one one your classes? Customer Care at Autogeek told me you are coming to Hayward, California in January?

Just thought you might want to show what to do with fresh paint to seal it to live in Redding, California 105 plus heat.

It's Rally Red, the worst color for heat and sun exposure!

Let me know you can call me 000-000-0000

I don't trust anyone else because I can't afford for someone else to screw it up. That's what happened the last time I had someone buff it out. They got heavy handed and almost ruined the paint.

Thanks Mike!

-Jamie

Wow!

That's a really nice offer Jamie and a very cool iconic Muscle Car!

This is the kind of car you would see Mark Worman working on. He has that TV show Graveyard Carz and almost exclusively works on MOPARS.

Mike Phillips

Re: Wetsanding Offer - 1973 Plymouth Duster for your class?

Just to follow-up....

I would need pictures of the car and I would also need to know EVERYTHING about the new paint job.

How many coats of clear? Or coats of single stage?

Did the shop already sand it? IF they did, what did they use?

In most cases, most shops do a crappy job of wetsanding and an even worse job of buffing so by the time you get your car back the paint is all hacked-up.

We can fix it at one of my classes but I need all of the above information and some GREAT pictures showing the condition of the paint in FULL OVERHEAD SUN.

Feel free to call me to discuss.

1-800-869-3011 x206

Obviously, I will have sent you and e-mail with the link to this thread.

Mike Phillips

Re: Wetsanding Offer - 1973 Plymouth Duster for your class?

And....

Here's when we're bringing our Roadshow Class back to California.

Click the link to sign-up and I highly recommend signing up for BOTH days.

Autogeek's 2 Day Roadshow Detail Class February 23rd & 24th at P&S!

The majority of people that attend our 2 day roadshow classes, if they only sign-up for Friday, then end up signing up for Saturday because of what a GREAT experience they had on Friday.

When they only sign-up for Saturday the regret signing up for Friday - they didn't now what to expect but then they find out when they attend the Saturday class and are completely satisfied with the class and the cost but now it's too late to attend the Friday class because it's OVER.

We should just go back to making these a 2-day class and people can either pony up to the table or not.