autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best Drying Aids-Choice

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Aquawax and Fuzion Spray, yes those could build up and should only be used every 2-3 weeks. Meg’s D156 and Trademark can be used often without any touted buildup (every week or two).

The QDs can obviously be used as often as you like. A good method is using a spray wax every 2-3 weeks and using the QD or Rinseless/waterless solution all wash weeks inbetween.
    This build up you speak of, wouldn't it be layers of protection building up? Or is there a negative build up? I inquire because I use Aquawax as a drying aid myself and have been.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by infosponge View Post
    This build up you speak of, wouldn't it be layers of protection building up? Or is there a negative build up? I inquire because I use Aquawax as a drying aid myself and have been.
    Possible protection buildup, with the only potential negative being a clouding affect on the surface. I’ve never witnessed this but Duragloss once put out a thread to limit how much is used to 1-2x per month, and I believe this was due to a complaint from a member or customer about the clouding.

I maintain a lot, and as I’ve said, I’ve never seen a cloudy surface due to using too much spray wax. Unless you’re using s thick spray wax 2-3x per week for numerous weeks, I don’t think you will have this issue.

And if you do experience a cloudy surface... don’t use any toppers for awhile and it should (I would think) naturally wear off without needing to polish.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Possible protection buildup, with the only potential negative being a clouding affect on the surface. I’ve never witnessed this but Duragloss once put out a thread to limit how much is used to 1-2x per month, and I believe this was due to a complaint from a member or customer about the clouding.

I maintain a lot, and as I’ve said, I’ve never seen a cloudy surface due to using too much spray wax. Unless you’re using s thick spray wax 2-3x per week for numerous weeks, I don’t think you will have this issue.

And if you do experience a cloudy surface... don’t use any toppers for awhile and it should (I would think) naturally wear off without needing to polish.
    Thanks for elaborating, I have never noticed any build up, but recently haven't been able to wash but 1-3 times monthly.

Post Thanks / Like

The trick to using DG AquaWax (whether as a drying aid, or a stand alone) is to use very little product.

A little goes a long way is a cliche', but it definitely applies to using AW.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    The trick to using DG AquaWax (whether as a drying aid, or a stand alone) is to use very little product.

A little goes a long way is a cliche', but it definitely applies to using AW.
    Yes. And it doesn’t streak for me even if I slather it on, so it’s very possible to use too much without immediate consequences, but loading up is not at all necessary. Using sparingly, I can’t imagine anyone having “clouding” issues.

6. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been using ultima waterless wash a lot lately. Its really great, especially for the price. I have d156 as well. I think it has more protection but I also find that it attracts more dust than UWW does.

Post Thanks / Like

Currently, I use ONR at QD dilution. It's dirt cheap. I think using anything more expensive is a waste of money as it gets so diluted by the water standing on the car.

I was using UWW+, but it's a bit more expensive.

I also have D156, but I only use it on a dry car.

Post Thanks / Like

Another vote for ECH2O mixed with a different SIO2 topper. I have been testing out a combination of Sonax BSD and CG VO7 that I read about on Detailing World. It’s working nice.

10. Likes Rmd, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

IMO and from what I’ve seen with my own eyes there’s no such thing as the possibility of “loading up” too many layers of any of these spray waxes/spray sealants because the solvents in the product is more than likely removing some of the already existing layer on the surface and forming an even layer that will remain once you’re done wiping it into the paint.

That’s why that lone guy who reported his paint being “cloudy” is probably just some random occurrence, user error, or for all we know just some dude who didn’t even know what he was looking at or there’d be many similar experiences of this mythical “clouding” or “building up of wax”... But there isn’t.

A good friend of mine religiously uses Meguiars D115 Rinse Free Express Wash & Wax @4:1 to waterless wash his vehicle every 2-3 days. He’s been doing that for over 3yrs. and not only has he never seen any cloudiness or “wax buildup”, but when I went to claybar his paint after 3 whole years expecting it to be riddled with contaminants I was pretty shocked to find absolutely none!

Sealants do not layer on top of the previous application to somehow build a stack of protection. Same goes for waxes.

12. Likes GEM65, infosponge, Maxreed241, PaulMys liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12