autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Prediction - More one-step Cleaner/Coatings or Primers

Prediction - More one-step Cleaner/Coatings or Primers

Been wanting to post this thread for some time now, today seems like the time. Historically, the category for products that clean, polish and protect is called,

Cleaner/Wax

Now days, everyone uses the word AIO or All-in-One. So that's why in the title I switched out the word wax in cleaner/wax and used the word coating so cleaner/coating. And in the short time that this new aspect of this category has been around the word PRIMER has been used and seems to be sticking.

Here's the term I like though, (nothing wrong with the word primer)

Ceramic AIO

And the word ceramic in the term Ceramic AIO is being used in the general sense of the word. The protection ingredient may be something non-ceramic but it will be in the nano family of things.

With all the popularity lately with one step AIOs or cleaner/waxes, that is, products that will compound, polish and wax the paint in one step. Or compound, polish and seal the paint in one step, I predict, moving into the future there will be an increase in one-step products only instead of a traditional wax substance for protection or a traditional synthetic sealant for protection these new products will use some form of ceramic nano glass particles for protection AND be compatible with topping using a ceramic paint coating.

Here's the current selection of these types of products on the AG store.

GYEON Q2 Primer 1000 ml.

CarPro Essence Xtreme Gloss Enhancer 500 ml.

Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Polish and Wax

Dr. Beasley's Nano Surface Primers

I know of at least one chemist, possibly two chemists working on such products.

NEW

Became available after I wrote this article back in 2018. (I'm vindicated again)

Dr. Beasley’s NSP Z1

Dr. Beasley’s NSP Z1 is a one-step primer and nanocoating designed for new or lightly contaminated vehicles. Dr. Beasley’s NSP Z1 works best on cars that don’t need a high degree of paintwork correction as it contains a unique nanostructure. The formula of Dr. Beasley’s NSP Z1 is made with TiO2, SiO2 and engineered abrasives. Protecting your car for a year or more, Dr. Beasley’s NSP Z1 can be layered with waxes, sealants and other coatings.

Dr. Beasley’s NSP Z1 is a nanocoating, making the surface of your vehicle scratch resistant with improved hardness. As nanocoating, it will also make your car easy to clean, protect against staining and etching, while still producing a sharp, hydrophobic gloss. The nanocoating that makes up Dr. Beasley’s NSP Z1 has resin formula that contains SiO2 and TiO2.

But what exactly are theses SiO2 and TiO2 compounds that it contains? You may have heard of SiO2. SiO2 brings you water beading capabilities and shine, as well as durable protection. TiO2 is not as common. TiO2 is found in nanocoating’s and is scientifically called titanium dioxide. This compound is white in color with reflective properties. This means that TiO2 can scatter and absorb UV rays, while also heightening brightness, being non-toxic and non-reactive. Therefore, with the combination of these two compounds, you get enhanced durability, protection, water beading and shine.

Dr. Beasley’s NSP Z1 is also made with microsphere abrasives that blend together several grades of cutting, buffing and finishing particles in one to achieve a multi-step shine in just one step, hence why it is referenced as a one-step primer. The larger microspheres cut, the smaller microspheres buff and the diminishing ones finish. All these microsphere abrasives lead to deep reflectivity.

You don’t have to think twice about applying Dr. Beasley’s NSP Z1 on top of other products as it can be layered with waxes, sealants and other coatings of similar durability. Plus, Dr. Beasley’s NSP Z1 will last you at least one year’s worth of protection.

Directions:

-For best results, conduct a thorough decontamination prior to application.

-Starting with a panel or small area, conduct 5-8 section passes using a foam pad and machine buffer at a medium speed.

-Wipe away with a clean microfiber towel and visually inspect paint with a powerful light to observe results.

-Repeat steps 2-3 on each panel or small area until all paintwork has been buffed to desired results.

After Care:

-To ensure durability, wash every 2 weeks with Ceramic Body Wash and rejuvenate every 3 months with AdvanceCoat: Gloss. With proper after-care, NSP Z1 protection can last a year or more on even a daily driver.

8 oz.

Last edited by Mike Phillips; 08-05-2020 at 12:02 PM. Reason: Prediction - More one-step Cleaner/Coatings or Primers

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Prediction - More one-step cleaner/COATINGS or CCAIOS i.e. Ceramic Coating All-in-One type products

I'm pretty sure Nick has said they are working on a primer polish as well. Can't wait to see what they come up with.
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Prediction - More one-step cleaner/COATINGS or CCAIOS i.e. Ceramic Coating All-in-One type products

That's ultimately what I'm hoping to see soon. The time savings and hassle of having to put a coating on after a good polish would be nice.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Very cool. Thanks
    Nathan Doering CD-SV

Post Thanks / Like

I’m very excited by your tease, Mike! I did purchase the BF Pro Primer (as I mentioned to you in another thread) and am looking forward to using it... but having fine abrasives is a critical benefit for me to save using a separate finishing polish step first.

The other thing I hope the chemists *might* be thinking about is an Ech2o rival.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post

That's ultimately what I'm hoping to see soon. The time savings and hassle of having to put a coating on after a good polish would be nice.

What I struggle with and I know a lot of other people struggle with is how to chemically strip softer dark colored paints without micro-marring the paint at the same time.

If a person could create a true finishing polish that worked on soft paint or any paint and left behind a base layer of some form of ceramic coating that could then be topped without stripping, now that would be the way to go.

I'm still going to predict more smaller wool pads and foam jeweling pads for rotary buffers into the future too...

7. Likes Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    If a person could create a true finishing polish that worked on soft paint or any paint and left behind a base layer of some form of ceramic coating that could then be topped without stripping, now that would be the way to go.
    Are you referring to a step to use Eraser inbetween polishing with Essence and applying the coating on top?

On a similar note, does the “stripping” step need to be done after Pro Primer Polish, before a coating or SiO2 Spray Sealant application? Directions don’t mention a wipe down in between.

Post Thanks / Like

I love the idea of an AIO or CCAIO (ugh, another acronym) for vehicles with soft paint, the drawback I see is the logevity. I've used a couple of AIO's I really liked, but the protection they provided lasted only a few weeks.

If someone could develop an AIO able to stand with the more durable 6-months sealants, or eaven the weeker 1-year coatings, I'd be VERY intrigued. I've got two Japanese cars in my driveway which could benefit from that type of product.

Now, if they made one with the bite to take on German paint...
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Britemax Virtue SiO2 High Gloss Primer Polish

Maybe get one to do review of this.
    Copy from the product page:

Britemax Virtue SiO2 High Gloss Primer Polish doesn’t have to be used as just a prep product. Strong enough to stand on it’s own, Britemax Virtue SiO2 High Gloss Primer Polish will leave your vehicle’s surfaces protected and extremely hydrophobic for up to 6 months!

I know 2 other brands that has a primer polish with Sio2 that also has high hydrophobic ability. One I know of is made for to be a CCAIO. And then use either their Sio2 car soap or Sio2 QD or use them both. Have this 2 maintance products and are very satisfied with them. The QD has a long longevity for being a QD. And the Sio2 car soap leaves enough protection between 2-4 weeks. The Sio2 QD leaves at least 6-8 weeks of protection. Or should say that it has awesome hydrophobic ability during that time. It came out as an option to their ceramic wax. So 4 products in the same Sio2 line of products. It's a little strange that they don't recommend to top the CCAIO with the Sio2 wax. So it's seems to be strong on it's own and just use the car soap and QD as maintance. What I have seen so far the cut from the CCAIO is very high and finish great. They use deminishing abrasives and recommend to use very little of the product to polish with. Think this brand would be a big hit if AGO was to offering it. The products I have used so far is top notch.

Hope someone is up to test the Britemax Virtue SiO2 High Gloss Primer Polish. And use it on it's own. If it has that long of longevity as claimed. Then is easy to work with. You could have a big contender in the AIO/cleaner wax segment.

/Tony

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    What I struggle with and I know a lot of other people struggle with is how to chemically strip softer dark colored paints without micro-marring the paint at the same time.

I'm still going to predict more smaller wool pads and foam jeweling pads for rotary buffers into the future too...

Mike I’m totally confused. Isn’t this what Essence already does? Or are you talking about leaving a more durable coating behind?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast