autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Mike Phillips

RUPES 19E Rotary Polisher vs FLEX PE14 Rotary Polisher - A questions I get asked a lot by Mike Phillips

RUPES 19E Rotary Polisher vs FLEX PE14 Rotary Polisher - A questions I get asked a lot by Mike Phillips

Anytime I get questions via e-mail, a PM or a FB message I prefer to invest my typing time where

A: It's easier for me to share links, pictures and videos.

B: More people can read and thus benefit from the information. (no just one set of eyeballs)

The reality is, most people that contact me found me via an article I've written or a reply I've written on this forum. The thing is, instead of figuring out that the whole reason they are contacting me is because they found me via an article or answer I wrote on the forum that they to should bring their question to the forum because not only will that help them.... but it will help a future "them". If I answer everything in a private e-mail or other touch point, no one would find and contact me. It's a cycle or pattern that repeats as long as everything is shared in the public domain.

The above is kind of wordy but re-read it slowly and it will make sense.

So I get an e-mail asking,

Mike,

I’ve been using Da/Forced rotation polishers for a few years. I’m ready to learn the rotary polisher and I’m looking at either the flex or the rupes rotary polisher.

Which one would you recommend for me to pick up and learn the tricks and the trades of rotary polishing.

Thank you sir

Great questions Joshua,

In fact, I've been getting asked this question a LOT lately so I figured I might as well turn your Facebook message to me into a NEW ARTICLE.

Kind of like this article,

FLEX 3401 or RUPES? - A question I get asked a lot! -Mike Phillips

The ONLY review of the future-to-be-released RUPES 19E Rotary Polisher that I know of is mine. By the word "review" I mean where someone has actually used the tool to buff out a car and then taken pictures and shown,

• Before
    • During
    • After

Here it is...

Review: RUPES BigFoot LHR 19E Rotary Polisher by Mike Phillips at Autogeek

In the review I stated that I found this rotary polisher to be very nimble or agile and this is due to it's lightweight and compact size. Here's the deal though, I've only used this tool ONE time on one car so my experience with it is limited.

On the other hand, I own the #2 Production FLEX PE14 as a gift to me from Bob Eichelberg, the President of FLEX North America and I've used it extensively on hundreds of cars. I also have over 20 of these FLEX Rotary Polishers in Autogeek's Show CAr Garage and they are used for our car detailing classes and our boat detailing classes and they are ALWAYS the first rotary polisher to be selected by the students over the DeWALT, 3M and Makita units that are also in the garage.

I don't know when the RUPES rotary polisher will be introduced, I'll probably find out in a few weeks when I'm teaching a class with Jason Rose at the BigFoot Detailing Acadamy in Colorado.

Autogeek's 2 Day Roadshow Detail Class September 14th & 15th at RUPES!

There are still spaces available for this class. Like all my classes, this will be a hands-on class, not a sitting in chairs while someone talks or sitting in chairs and then watching someone else use a tool type class.

Here's my review for the FLEX PE14

Review: FLEX PE14 Rotary Polisher by Mike Phillips

Using the FLEX PE14 to remove sanding marks from a 1965 Mustang Fastback

The FLEX PE14 compact, lightweight rotary polisher has been on the market since 2010, that's 8+ years ago so it has a proven track record of reliability and performance.

I think the RUPES rotary polisher, like all RUPES tools, will be a quality product and will give the FLEX PE14 some stout competition for this category, (lightweight/compact size/low RPM), so I don't think you can go wrong with either choice.

Hope the above helps....

Here's the links to both tools on the AG Store

RUPES BigFoot LHR 19E Rotary Polisher Coming Soon!

RUPES BigFoot LHR 19E Rotary Polisher features:

• High torque motor – will remove swirls and scratches from paint quicker with a more efficient motor.

• Dual transmission – will allow you to press the machine without slowing for additional corrective power.

• Electronic speed control – clearly marks which speed is being used and is located on top of the machine.

• Progressive trigger switch – allows you to fully control your speed with a slow start.

• Lightweight and ergonomic design – far less bulk than other rotary machines, the RUPES BigFoot LHR 19E Rotary Polisher’s design allows for increased maneuverability and control.

• Rubber tool rests – allows you to place the tool face up without damage to tool.

• 125 mm (5 inches) backing plate– smaller pads allow for higher precision during use without fear of overheating.

The RUPES BigFoot LHR 19E Rotary Polisher, thanks to the ingenious developers at RUPES, works best with their specially designed pads and products. For best results, it is recommended that the RUPES Rotary Foam Pads and the corresponding RUPES Rotary Chemicals are used with your RUPES BigFoot LHR 19E Rotary Polisher. Available in two sizes, these pads will fit perfectly into your growing RUPES collection!

When you’re looking for increased power for heavy paint imperfection removal, a rotary polisher is certainly the answer. When you want that same power with easier maneuverability and control? The RUPES BigFoot LHR 19E Rotary Polisher is the answer.

Technical Information:

• Backing plate - 125 mm (5 inches)

• Power – 1200 Watts

• RPM – 450 – 1700

• Weight – 4.85 lbs

• Cord Length – 29 ft.

FLEX PE14-2-150 Rotary Polisher FREE SHIPPING!

The FLEX PE14-2-150 Rotary Polisher is built to minimize user fatigue with an ergonomic design and lightweight body. It weighs in at just 5.6 pounds! The front of the polisher is perfectly curved to fit the user's hand and coated in rubber for superior comfort. The spindle lock mechanism is located behind the hump you see above so you cannot accidentally press it. This is not the heavy, cumbersome polisher of the past. The FLEX PE14-2-150 Rotary Polisher is built to be light, agile, and fast - perfect for professional detailers who spend hours behind a buffer.

To make your polishing experience even more pleasant, the FLEX PE14-2-150 Rotary Polisher is quiet. A new combination of planetary and bevel gear provides extreme noise reduction. The gears are hardened stainless steel for excellent durability.

Internal gears are quieter than most rotary polishers. The FLEX rotary polisher features optimized air flow. Large vents and an internal fan provide superior air flow to keep the polisher cool. A powerful internal fan provides optimized airflow to cool the engine and transmission to prevent heat buildup in the polisher. A cooler running polisher operates more efficiently and is easier to handle.

The FLEX PE14-2-150 Rotary Polisher is powerful! It has a 1400 watt motor with a no-load speed range of 600-2100 rpm. It's capable of high speed compounding, but it also works smoothly when polishing at low speeds. A convenient acceleration switch allows you to start slow and gradually increase speed. Lock the speed for continuous operation.

Like all FLEX polishers, the FLEX PE14-2-150 Rotary Polisher has some sophisticated electronics to help you get the best results. VR electronics include variable speed selection, consistent speed control by tachometer generator, overload protection, restart protection, and temperature monitoring.

Technical Specifications:

• Backing plate diameter max 6 inches
    • Spindle size 5/8 inch
    • Polishing pad diameter max 8 inches
    • Length 15.75 inches
    • Speed without load 600-2100 rpm
    • Height 4.7 inches
    • Power input 10 Amp/1400 watt
    • Weight 5.6 lbs.
    • Power output 800 watt
    • Cord 13 feet

Side handle included.

Backing Plate NOT included.

Made in Germany

Hope that helps and feel encouraged to join our forum, this is where I answer questions. Email is okay, but the forum is powerful.

Click here to join the AutogeekOnline.net car detailing discussion forum - THE best forum on the Internet

Mike Phillips

Re: RUPES 19E Rotary Polisher vs FLEX PE14 Rotary Polisher - A questions I get asked a lot by Mike Phillips

My New Flex PE 14-2 150 Rotary Buffer

Here's my 00002 Serial Number Flex PE 14 Rotary Polisher.

The second production unit...

The Number 1 Production Unit is in a glass case in my office...

Mike Phillips

Re: RUPES 19E Rotary Polisher vs FLEX PE14 Rotary Polisher - A questions I get asked a lot by Mike Phillips

There's also this option....

This is actually my review for the new Cordless FLEX tools. I figured the MOST common question about these tools would be "battery life" so I titled the thread that way for Google.

Battery Time - FLEX Cordless Polishers - Real World Detail by Mike Phillips at Autogeek