autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Questions from an amateur

What do I use to preserve a new factory installed bed liner?
    What is a safe to use on a 2013 Razor UTV with flames painted by factory over? What are those utv bodies made of anyway, plastic?
    Most concerning is what swirl and scratch remover should my inexperienced self use on my poor baby, a 2005 Subaru Baja with still less than 60,000 miles.
    It is black with multicolored metal flake underneath. Unfortunately it has been relegated to living under the shade of a tree and was recently attacked by an unprofessional hand car wash who I found not even changing wash water between vehicles. Plenty of swirls now. Grrr. I have been using Pinnacle compound (once) applied with a Porter 7424 followed by both kinds of Klasse and then P21 each year. I have been looking at Polish Angel but am afraid i will be unable to use such a small amount over the entire vehicle due to inexperience and also wonder if there isn't another product less expensive with similar results. I should sell it but just can't bring myself to let go, they don't make them anymore and it is so handy.
    Thanks in advance

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Questions from an amateur

not much you can do to save any scratches on plastics. Mike has a good writeup on this. remember with paint, you're leveling the clear coat. With plastic there's not really a clear.

There are plenty of spray on waxes and sealants that are good for "all surfaces". I would use one of those. mckees 10 minute is the first to come to mind. But wetcoat, hydro blue, sonax spray + seal etc.

if you just search AGO's store for plastic care you're going to find plenty of options... and stuff like WETS for trim too. Not sure I'd ever mess with my bed-liner though... it's kind of meant to get beat up. Get a tonneau cover and just keep her hidden.

As far as scratches and compounds for car paint, i'd spend some time searching and reading the site. Too much to write it out all here.
    2009 Pontiac G8GT
    2015 Ford Explorer Limited
    2019 Chevy Silverado RST Z71

3. Thanks Valtex7 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Questions from an amateur

You will want a finishing polish for after the compound to get rid of the fine scratches left behind.

Not sure which Polish Angel you are looking at, but they all go really far with just a little, use sparingly.

5. Thanks Valtex7 thanked for this post