autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Mike Phillips

In the Philippines - Is a Ceramic Paint Coating worth it?

In the Philippines - Is a Ceramic Paint Coating worth it?

Anytime I get questions via e-mail, a PM or a FB message I prefer to invest my typing time where

A: It's easier for me to share links, pictures and videos.

B: More people can read and thus benefit from the information. (no just one set of eyeballs)

The reality is, most people that contact me found me via an article I've written or a reply I've written on this forum. The thing is, instead of figuring out that the whole reason they are contacting me is because they found me via an article or answer I wrote on the forum that they to should bring their question to the forum because not only will that help them.... but it will help a future "them". If I answer everything in a private e-mail or other touch point, no one would find and contact me. It's a cycle or pattern that repeats as long as everything is shared in the public domain.

The above is kind of wordy but re-read it slowly and it will make sense.

So I get an e-mail asking,

Hi Mr. Phillips.

Good day. I’m Bobby from the Philippines.

We are planning to buy a new car within the next few months and I would just like to inquire whether the crystal/ceramic coating here in our country is worth availing.

They claim that their products will last for more than a year (around 3-5 years) and without the need for applying wax and car shampoo.

We have a few meguiars and chemical boys products and I used to maintain our car using said products but I’m already busier than before so I don’t think il be able to maintain our future car unlike before, hence, my inquiry.

I apologize for the very long message and I am hoping for your kind consideration.

Thank you and more power!

Bobby

Sent from my iPhone

Great questions Bobby.

The short answer to your primary question is YES.

Yes I believe quality ceramic paint coatings, when properly applied to properly prepared paint will last longer and protect better than traditional Carnauba Waxes and man-made Synthetic Paint Sealants. I use the Pinnacle Black Lable Paint Coating and Surface Coating on one of my own personal cars and can attest that from experience,

1. Ceramic paint coatings last longer than waxes and sealants
    2. Make the car faster and easier to wash
    3. Make the car faster and easier to dry
    4. Maintain a high gloss appearance

I don't believe that they will resist paint staining over time if you drive the car in the rain or if the car spends it's life outside exposed to the pollution in the air. I have written extensively on this topic including this recent article I'll include below.

Because I know the paint will become stained in the geographical area in which I live and how I use my cars, I regularly wash, clay, prep and re-coat our car's paint at least once a year. It's fast and easy and this way I know my car's paint is both protected and looks fabulous.

If the appearance is second in importance to you versus protection, the I definitely believe a ceramic paint coating is the way to go and let it remain as long as you're happy, 1 year, 2 years, 3 years etc. The paint and technically the coating "may" have a dirt stain on it but the PROTECTION will still be on the car UNDER the paint staining or contaminants, thus it's still protected it's just the appearance will go down hill.

Hope that helps and feel encouraged to join our forum, this is where I answer questions. Email is okay, but the forum is powerful.

Click here to join the AutogeekOnline.net car detailing discussion forum - THE best forum on the Internet

2. Thanks jenickai316 thanked for this post
    Likes jenickai316 liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: In the Philippines - Is a Ceramic Paint Coating worth it?

Thank you so much Mr. Phillips for the very prompt and informative reply. Glad I inquired to you. More power and thank you so much again. ☺️

Mike Phillips

Re: In the Philippines - Is a Ceramic Paint Coating worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by jenickai316 View Post

Thank you so much Mr. Phillips for the very prompt and informative reply.

Glad I inquired to you. More power and thank you so much again. ☺️

And thank you for joining the forum where we can both interact instead of using e-mail.