autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Most durable finishing wax?

Where I live the water is quite hard so I really never get through a car wash without water spots. I'm looking for a way to be a bit lazy. After I finish drying the car I'd like to start using a finishing wax with a DA so that I can put protection on the car and remove water spots at the same time. My first thought was Meguiar's finishing wax that's part of their DA correction system. I called Meguiar's and asked about that and he said that while it does offer protection it's not the most durable out there. Any recommendations for a finishing wax that offers strong protection and can remove water spots at the same time? Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Most durable finishing wax?

That sounds like a job for Duragloss 101, which is a cleaner sealant. Very effective at cleaning, very durable, and gives a fantastic gloss.

If you switched to Optimum No Rinse type of rinseless wash, that might mitigate the waterspotting.

3. Likes dwaleke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Are Finishing-Waxes really suppose
    to have any cleaning ability?

IMO:
    Sounds like a Cleaner-Wax/Sealant
    might be more appropriate for the
    situation you outlined in your OP.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

I would do a wipe down with a QD product after the wash. It's takes those water spots that are new right off. To get a little more economical you have the waterless wash or rinseless wash that also can be diluted to QD solution.

/Tony

Mike Phillips

Just to chime in...

Note the text I made red

Quote Originally Posted by mcpp66 View Post

I'm looking for a way to be a bit lazy. After I finish drying the car I'd like to start using a finishing wax with a DA so that I can put protection on the car and [B]remove[/B] water spots at the same time.

Any recommendations for a finishing wax that offers strong protection and can remove water spots at the same time? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX650 View Post

Are Finishing-Waxes really suppose to have any cleaning ability?

IMO:
    Sounds like a Cleaner-Wax/Sealant might be more appropriate for the situation you outlined in your OP.

Bob

Bob's correct. A true finishing wax or a show car wax has zero cleaning ability. It's purpose is to provide beauty and protection. It should only be used on a surface that is in new or perfect condition. The same thing goes for a finishing sealant or a show car sealant.

Sounds like what you want is a one-step cleaner/wax or AIO (AIO and cleaner/wax or cleaner/sealant are all the exact same thing, just different words to describe them)

The problem with getting long durability with anything that cleans or abrades is that while the product is cleaning it's protection, while it's protecting it's also cleaning.

I'd recommend a combo I use for daily drivers and that's buff out with BLACKFIRE One Step using a foam polishing pad and orbital polisher and then apply SONAX Polymer Net Shield. As long as you're washing CAREFULLY - this means you're not scrubbing the surface, most people say they get 6 months out of PNS or Polymer Net Shield. It is a very unique product.

I describe PNS as a product that is as close as you can get to a ceramic coating but it's not a ceramic coating.

Here's the good news, you can now get it in a 250ml spray can. The reason this is good news is because a little goes a long way and a full size can will pretty much last you for years, so if you're only doing your own car, just get the little can.

SONAX Polymer Net Shield 75 ml. - $9.99

SONAX Polymer Net Shield 340 ml. $29.99

Get them both here,

BLACKFIRE One Step $39.99

SONAX Polymer Net Shield 75 ml. $9.99

7. Likes GEM65 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I would look at Poorboys Polish with Sealant. I wouldn’t use it every time I wash. It should remove light water spots.

Might also want to consider a ceramic coating to minimize the possibility of water spots in the first place.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Cherry on Top Auto Detailing, Fishkill NY

https://www.facebook.com/CherryOnTopDetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replies everyone!