autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Recommended pads for Pinnacle Jeweling polish

My C6Z Vette paint is pretty nice overall. I bought a bottle of the Pinnacle Jeweling Polish to try it out. I plan to use my Mothers Wax Attack II Buffer to apply it in pursuit of making my paint nicer. My question is are the original pads that came with that particular buffer kit suitable for this application? If not please recommend one that would be better to use on that specific buffer. Thanks.

Bob

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Recommended pads for Pinnacle Jeweling polish

Corvette paint is regarded as being particularly robust and difficult to polish due to its “hardness” so I hate to burst your bubble but I doubt you will get anywhere with that polisher. Same goes for the jewelling was, that has a superfine abrasive.

The best answer to your question, in my opinion, would be to try a white lake country or buff and shine polishing pad. You might even be able to go with an orange pad but it might be a little too aggressive and it might scour the paint.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Cherry on Top Auto Detailing, Fishkill NY

https://www.facebook.com/CherryOnTopDetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eric@CherryOnTop View Post
    Corvette paint is regarded as being particularly robust and difficult to polish due to its “hardness” so I hate to burst your bubble but I doubt you will get anywhere with that polisher. Same goes for the jewelling was, that has a superfine abrasive.

The best answer to your question, in my opinion, would be to try a white lake country or buff and shine polishing pad. You might even be able to go with an orange pad but it might be a little too aggressive and it might scour the paint.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    No bubbles to burst here. In fact I have been successful in my use of that buffer and the products that came with it. I have removed some scratches, and swirls that were obvious, and overall the paint looks nice now...so I'm chasing after some minor additional refinement, and that buffer should be adequate based upon my previous use. Hoping Mike will jump in to recommend a specific pad for this Jeweling polish.
    Bob

Post Thanks / Like

If I recall, those pads are used thru the whole Mothers wax attack system. So they should work fine for you and I am certain they will be safe on your paint. There may be better options out there but if I were you, I would try them and see how your results turn out. I believe they are 6.5 inch pads, if you do want to try out a different pad.
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Optimal pads per the directions are white polishing or green light polishing/AIO pads (Lake Country colors). Either of those types would be good to start with a test spot

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by wxonwxoff View Post

My C6Z Vette paint is pretty nice overall. I bought a bottle of the Pinnacle Jeweling Polish to try it out.
    I'm assuming you mean the Pinnacle Jeweling Wax.

There is a polish in the Pinnacle line but it is very different from the jeweling wax.

Quote Originally Posted by wxonwxoff View Post

I plan to use my Mothers Wax Attack II Buffer to apply it in pursuit of making my paint nicer.

My question is are the original pads that came with that particular buffer kit suitable for this application?
    Yes.

The foam that comes with the Mother's Wax Attack polisher are on the soft side, like a "finishing" pad and I think would work really well.

Remember, you work a jeweling wax like a polish. Also - allow the wax to fully dry before wiping off, you'll notice how super easy it is to wipe off.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    I'm assuming you mean the Pinnacle Jeweling Wax.

There is a polish in the Pinnacle line but it is very different from the jeweling wax.

Yes.

The foam that comes with the Mother's Wax Attack polisher are on the soft side, like a "finishing" pad and I think would work really well.

Remember, you work a jeweling wax like a polish. Also - allow the wax to fully dry before wiping off, you'll notice how super easy it is to wipe off.

Yes I meant wax. I appreciate the recommendation to use the original Mothers foam pads. I wasn't sure those pad were appropriate.

Thanks Mike