autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best of both worlds

Menzerna 400 compound and 3500 polish with 5.5 force pads
    I would do 6 orange, 5 white and a black to lay down sealant.
    You will need a 4 3/8 backing plate or you can spin down the stock 5.5

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone else out there using the Menzerna products. Read the product info and it sounds pretty good. Is this made by the same people who make the Wolfgangs products?

Post Thanks / Like

If I'm not wrong Menzerna makes the Wolfgang polishes on their request. So very a like products but not rebranded polishes. Menzerna is a big in polishes and have made a lot for it's devolopment of abrasives. Jescar has the Menzerna USA part and have done the sealant powerlock for them. Know have Jescar made their own line of polishes. Sure it's some of the Menzerna technology in it but as Wolfgang not a rebranded polishes.

The Menzerna has a great line of polishes where FG400 and PF2500 and SF3500 stands out the most. With the SHC300 heavy cut compound as a compound to reach for the most severe defects. They are quite heavy on polishing oils which gives you great lubrication and working time. And suits a direct driven orbital polisher like Flex 3401vrg well cause of that. The downside would be when working with ceramic coatings you have to be a little more safe that you have removed them before application. I like the Sonax polishes Cutmax and the Cut & Finish and Sonax EX04-06 or Sonax Perfect Finish. Which is easy to work with and gets awesome results. There are alot of great abrasive technology polishes to chose from these days. Gyeon or Carpro or Pinnacle or 3D HD are some brands that are great. Meguiars has good abrasives too but there is more easy working polishes out there not.

As for sealant you have alot of awesome products to chose from. Some that comes to mind is the Menzerna Powerlock and Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant and Sonax Polymer Net Shield and Polish Angel Master Sealant is some that comes to mind.

4. Likes VitreousHumor, ducksfan liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by 6od View Post

Posting here in hopes of future pics of your GTO... this forum sends alerts for threads you post in, right?

Yes, the forum will send you an e-mail alert BUT you must "subscribe" to the thread.

To subscribe to a thread, locate the text link that reads,

Click on it and a drop down box will appear, click on Subscribe to thread. This will take you to an option box and from there click on

Instant E-mail Notification

And anytime someone posts to this thread you'll get an e-mail notification. You can un-subscribe the same way.

6. Thanks 6od thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pete L View Post
    Anyone else out there using the Menzerna products. Read the product info and it sounds pretty good. Is this made by the same people who make the Wolfgangs products?
    I believe so.

What's nice about the Menzerna line, is how effective they are. The compound cuts, the medium polish does some nice correction, and finishes like a fine cut, and the fine polish will finish down on just about any paint, leaving a show car gloss behind.

There have been times where my go to polish wasn't finishing right. A situation where even the medium cut 2500 took care of even more paint defects, and finished to a high gloss. That's how nice those Menzerna abrasives are.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally got to it. I ended up using Menzerna 400 with a LC Force Orange pad and finished with Menzerna 3500 on a LC Force White pad. I used a sealant as my final step. The Flex 3401 is an awsome tool. Well built, feels good and took on a full days work like a champ. I followed Mike Phillips instructions from the AG link and could not believe how well the job turned out. I don't think my paint ever looked this good. (even when new) This was a time consuming process, but I had the time set aside knowing that in advance. Pictured are before and after photos of the driver side rear door. I had high expectations going into this, but was blown away. Now... just waiting for cooler weather before taking on my GTO.

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 before
    /Users/petelucas/Desktop/IMG_1640.jpg

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 after
    /Users/petelucas/Desktop/IMG_1641.jpg

9. Likes SWETM, dlc95 liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Before
    Best of both worlds-img_1640-jpg

After
    Best of both worlds-img_1641-jpg

Hope this one works

11. Likes SWETM, PaulMys, dlc95 liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I have no idea why these photos are upside down, but you get the idea. I would not have believed my paint would turn out this good.

Post Thanks / Like

Great work!

Nice that you are satisfied with the products you chosed going with. The Flex and Menzerna and Lake Country is high end products that leaves great finish.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Pete L View Post

I have no idea why these photos are upside down, but you get the idea.

I would not have believed my paint would turn out this good.
    I think it’s due to the angle of how you hold the phone when taking a picture.

Here you go, I flipped them...

Before

After

Thanks for the follow-up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Likes PaulMys, dlc95 liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast