autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Meguiars Ultimate Fast Finish vs Ultimate Wax

Hi has anyone tried both of these and can express there preferences and reasons?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Meguiars Ultimate Fast Finish vs Ultimate Wax

Quote Originally Posted by PeteT19640 View Post
    Hi has anyone tried both of these and can express there preferences and reasons?

Thanks
    I have used Ultimate Fast Finish and Ultimate Wax (Liquid not Quik). I would lean towards the Ultimate Wax for water beading and better protection. Although fast finish can hold its own. But lately I’ve been using Fast Finish because it’s so darn easy and the shine is very glassy. Both are winners in my book. You can’t go wrong with either.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maxreed241 View Post
    I have used Ultimate Fast Finish and Ultimate Wax (Liquid not Quik). I would lean towards the Ultimate Wax for water beading and better protection. Although fast finish can hold its own. But lately I’ve been using Fast Finish because it’s so darn easy and the shine is very glassy. Both are winners in my book. You can’t go wrong with either.
    Yes I would agree I have tried both, I thought UFF was suppose to be there best?
    Although I thought ULW has more gloss.

Post Thanks / Like

It is supposed to be their “best” and longest lasting protection. But lab tests are no where near real world results. The good thing is it’s so easy to apply. ULW probably has more gloss. I’ve only used UFF on lighter colors it’s hard to tell between the two for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeteT19640 View Post
    Yes I would agree I have tried both, I thought UFF was suppose to be there best?
    Although I thought ULW has more gloss.
    It is supposed to be their “best” and longest lasting protection. But lab tests are no where near real world results. The good thing is it’s so easy to apply. ULW probably has more gloss. I’ve only used UFF on lighter colors it’s hard to tell between the two for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

I really liked Ultimate paste wax. But UFF just doesn't do it for me besides that its easy to apply. I actually tried it again today on half of my tailgate. It doesn't bead worth a damn IMO. But it does sheet decently. I know beading isn't everything but it just is so so to me.

UPW worked really well and for a wax/sealant is very easy to use.
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto Detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection

8. Likes infamouz23 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Justin at Final Inspection View Post
    I really liked Ultimate paste wax. But UFF just doesn't do it for me besides that its easy to apply. I actually tried it again today on half of my tailgate. It doesn't bead worth a damn IMO. But it does sheet decently. I know beading isn't everything but it just is so so to me.

Do you have any experience with ULW? I’ve tried applying it (by DA and by hand) numerous times and it just never seems to dry and wipe down cleanly. It’s basically become the wax I use on family members cars who aren’t as particular about that kind of thing (and have a light colored car anyways.)

I’ve heard UPW doesn’t really have this issue, which might lead me to buying it once I use up the bottle of ULW.

It’s a shame because I really like the way ULW behaves, but never getting a clean wipe down is what lead me to eventually end up with 845, which I’m loving so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Justin at Final Inspection View Post

I haven't used UW in so long but it's pretty to work with. UFF is easy to apply as well. Nothing spectacular but for a consumer product it is not bad. UW is better from a hydrophobic perspective. Never tried UPW. Supposed to look even better than ULW.

Quote Originally Posted by Finick View Post
    Do you have any experience with ULW? I’ve tried applying it (by DA and by hand) numerous times and it just never seems to dry and wipe down cleanly. It’s basically become the wax I use on family members cars who aren’t as particular about that kind of thing (and have a light colored car anyways.)

I’ve heard UPW doesn’t really have this issue, which might lead me to buying it once I use up the bottle of ULW.

It’s a shame because I really like the way ULW behaves, but never getting a clean wipe down is what lead me to eventually end up with 845, which I’m loving so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ULW does not haze like a traditional wax. It can be removed within 5 mins (I would have to double check). It can be applied to the entire car and then wiped off. It needs to be applied real thin or else it will streak. I never had an issue with it being hard to wipe off. I have not used it in years.

There is a new updated formula available now at most retailers.

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting that UFF is really more for protection than looks shine etc., so ok as a long term topper
    Haven't tried Paste Ultimate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast