autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Vacuum

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Vacuum

Quote Originally Posted by BlackMDX View Post
    One of my favorites is the car nozzle with the LED light on it. I believe it is the same as the nozzle pictured above but with the added light. Adds about $3 to the nozzle cost. You can get it from the big online seller. There it is sold under the Workshop Vac brand name. Workshop is identical to Rigid. Both are manufactured by Emerson.

My biggest complaint about the Rigid is it is just plain noisey as he#%! My next vac will be purchased based on noise level. And the Static Pressure is much higher than it needs to be. Unless you drill holes in the floor nozzles, they just suck fast and do nothing. And no amount of SP will pull out those last PIA grass clippings that get stuck in the carpet pile.
    I’ve seen the 1 with the light, but I vacuum back n forth so fast that I never thought it would be of much use.

As far as noise level, it’s pretty quiet when running 2.5” attachments to the big hose, but once you attach the adapter to the 1.25” attachments on the big 2.5” hose it does become a loud screeching annoyance... Running the 1.25” attachments through the Orange hose isn’t quite as loud.

It sounds like you know exactly how the vacuum works [no sarcasm]. Sometimes it can be next to useless without the holes in the attachments. I can’t believe they even ship them out without them...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I’ve seen the 1 with the light, but I vacuum back n forth so fast that I never thought it would be of much use.

As far as noise level, it’s pretty quiet when running 2.5” attachments to the big hose, but once you attach the adapter to the 1.25” attachments on the big 2.5” hose it does become a loud screeching annoyance... Running the 1.25” attachments through the Orange hose isn’t quite as loud.

It sounds like you know exactly how the vacuum works [no sarcasm]. Sometimes it can be next to useless without the holes in the attachments. I can’t believe they even ship them out without them...
    The reason I like the lighted nozzle is because when I work in my garage I just don't have adequate lighting to light the interior of my car very well, and especially in the shadows of the seats. The lighted nozzle could be a little brighter, but it works and it is unobtrusive and just plain convenient.

Two other comments I'll share for anyone considering a Rigid. 1) Throw the stock black hose that comes with it straight in the garbage, unless you just want to spend all your time fighting a stiff hose. Go buy the orange upgrade. If you shop further than HD, they are available in multiple sizes and lengths. 2) If you are thinking about buying the available muffler, be aware it will do almost nothing to reduce noise. What it does do on my particular model is diffuse the exhaust so you don't have a jet of air shooting straight out the back and stirring up a dust cloud in the garage to land on your nice clean paint!

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome info all. My next purchase and all useful info much appreciate all the sharing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BlackMDX View Post
    The reason I like the lighted nozzle is because when I work in my garage I just don't have adequate lighting to light the interior of my car very well, and especially in the shadows of the seats. The lighted nozzle could be a little brighter, but it works and it is unobtrusive and just plain convenient.

Two other comments I'll share for anyone considering a Rigid. 1) Throw the stock black hose that comes with it straight in the garbage, unless you just want to spend all your time fighting a stiff hose. Go buy the orange upgrade. If you shop further than HD, they are available in multiple sizes and lengths. 2) If you are thinking about buying the available muffler, be aware it will do almost nothing to reduce noise. What it does do on my particular model is diffuse the exhaust so you don't have a jet of air shooting straight out the back and stirring up a dust cloud in the garage to land on your nice clean paint!

Another comment worth mentioning and it is applicable to any brand or model you purchase. If you have a sloped driveway as I do, and you don't want a shop vac running into the side of your car, give careful consideration to the casters or wheel arrangement. My Rigid has two smaller swivel wheels in the front and two larger non-swivel in the back. The two rear wheels are easy to remove. Without them the rear end drags just enough to keep the vac from taking off down the hill on its own. But the drag is so light that it can be pulled around effortlessly.

Post Thanks / Like

Non skid caster cups for mattresses (get some deep ones) work well for this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456