autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Vacuum

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Vacuum

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Mine came while HD was selling it as a “buy the vac get the $40 detailing kit free” special they ran 1-2 yrs. ago. I haven’t seen them run that again lately, but I haven’t really checked either. I’m guessing there might be a chance for them to run something similar with the holidays approaching.
    Good info buddy, thanks. What exactly comes included in the package that would be a must have for a weekend warrior?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by camaro2ssblack View Post
    Good info buddy, thanks. What exactly comes included in the package that would be a must have for a weekend warrior?
    IMO these 2 things [3 if you include the adaptor on the brush] are the pick of the litter. That little brush is my 1st option most of time. It’s great on both carpets and upholstery. Can’t live without a slim crevice tool, this 1 adds length + its flexible. It’s slim but sometimes not slim enough, so I do carry another crevice tool as well just in case. But this 1 can vacuum more with its wider opening.

The other gray trangle brush that’s included is valuable to me because I use it strictly to vacuum my fabric top, but otherwise I wouldn’t use it much. It’s supposed to be soft enough for dashboards, and while it probably is soft enough for most dashboards you wouldn’t see me using it on a Mercedes dash or anything like that because it’s nylon bristled and nylon bristles aren’t soft enough to be soft no matter how you slice em... I use a horsehair brush attachment for stuff like dashboards & leather seats, door panels etc.

The Claw attachment is next to useless out of the box. Drill a hole on each side near the tip of it and all your vacuum attachments. That’s the single biggest tip I could ever share. It makes a world of difference in how efficient your attachments work. Once you make the holes the claw actually works, but I only use it when I’m using my wet vac for extractor style carpet cleaning. Does it work? Yes. Does it work amazingly great? Not good enough to suck the necessary amount of water out of carpets no. But that’s the drawback of not having an extractor. I would love to be able to at least test what 150+ inches of water lift must be like. But I’m stuck with something like 55” for now.

The Orange hose is cool, but that’s a given.

Post Thanks / Like

IMO these 2 things [3 if you include the adaptor on the brush] are the pick of the litter. That little brush is my 1st option most of time. It’s great on both carpets and upholstery. Can’t live without a slim crevice tool, this 1 adds length + its flexible. It’s slim but sometimes not slim enough, so I do carry another crevice tool as well just in case. But this 1 can vacuum more with its wider opening.

The other gray trangle brush that’s included is valuable to me because I use it strictly to vacuum my fabric top, but otherwise I wouldn’t use it much. It’s supposed to be soft enough for dashboards, and while it probably is soft enough for most dashboards you wouldn’t see me using it on a Mercedes dash or anything like that because it’s nylon bristled and nylon bristles aren’t soft enough to be soft no matter how you slice em... I use a horsehair brush attachment for stuff like dashboards & leather seats, door panels etc.

The Claw attachment is next to useless out of the box. Drill a hole on each side near the tip of it and all your vacuum attachments. That’s the single biggest tip I could ever share. It makes a world of difference in how efficient your attachments work. Once you make the holes the claw actually works, but I only use it when I’m using my wet vac for extractor style carpet cleaning. Does it work? Yes. Does it work amazingly great? Not good enough to suck the necessary amount of water out of carpets no. But that’s the drawback of not having an extractor. I would love to be able to at least test what 150+ inches of water lift must be like. But I’m stuck with something like 55” for now.

Thanks man, noted.

4. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What is said other crevice tool as I've noticed I need a thinner one as well a few times

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by minerigger View Post
    What is said other crevice tool as I've noticed I need a thinner one as well a few times

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    It’s just a crevice tool from an old Electrolux house vacuum. Gets the job done.

Post Thanks / Like

Ended up getting this vac and detailing accessory package for $99 on black friday.

Can you post a pic of the holes you drilled in your attachments? Sounds pretty straight forward just didn't want to mess it up. It doesn't look like you have drilled any holes in your crevice tools so I assume just the claw and brush attachments?

Post Thanks / Like

Ended up getting this vac and detailing accessory package for $99 on black friday.

Can you post a pic of the holes you drilled in your attachments? Sounds pretty straight forward just didn't want to mess it up. It doesn't look like you have drilled any holes in your crevice tools so I assume just the claw and brush attachments?
    I never drilled holes in the brushes, I never really thought they needed them, but who knows.. I should drill holes in the crevice tools but just haven’t gotten around to it.

These are the holes in the claw and the other attachment.

Post Thanks / Like

I never drilled holes in the brushes, I never really thought they needed them, but who knows.. I should drill holes in the crevice tools but just haven’t gotten around to it.

Got it, thanks man. Will try to get around to that this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Got it, thanks man. Will try to get around to that this weekend.
    You’re welcome bro.

Post Thanks / Like

One of my favorites is the car nozzle with the LED light on it. I believe it is the same as the nozzle pictured above but with the added light. Adds about $3 to the nozzle cost. You can get it from the big online seller. There it is sold under the Workshop Vac brand name. Workshop is identical to Rigid. Both are manufactured by Emerson.

My biggest complaint about the Rigid is it is just plain noisey as he#%! My next vac will be purchased based on noise level. And the Static Pressure is much higher than it needs to be. Unless you drill holes in the floor nozzles, they just suck fast and do nothing. And no amount of SP will pull out those last PIA grass clippings that get stuck in the carpet pile.

12. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast