autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: More cut??

Post Thanks / Like

Re: More cut??

The gray LC Thinpro pads are very aggressive and keep the product on the surface rather than absorbing it which makes cutting much faster.

Post Thanks / Like

prin- What size pad are you using? I found on my PC7424 that the 6 inch pads didn't rotate as much as I'd like. Low rotation equals low cutting power, and the vibes were beating me up. Try a 5" Buff and Shine Uro-Fiber, or Uro-Wool pad. I think you'll be impressed. Long throw machines also cut well, as I think you alluded to. You can't really go wrong with a Rupes machine.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by prin View Post
    Hmm, I haven't tried any of the microfiber pads. I will give that a try

I first tried MF cutting pads and could not believe the amount cut. You won’t be disappointed. My opinion is a MF cutting pad on a Rupes cuts better than a foam cutting pad on my rotary, with all other variables being equal.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replies. So I could use a microfiber with m105?

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by prin View Post
    So I am very used to using Meguiars M105 for my cutting stage. But I have worked on a few cars where the M105 is just not enough. What would be a better cutter than M205? I also use Meguiars yellow polishing pad for this. This is both used with a PC 7424. I am thinking about upgrading to a better machine such as a Rupes.
    Well, there are 3 main factors that influence cut: The machine you use, in this case the PC is one of the least effective DA you can use. So upgrading would be a good idea if you plan to do a lot of paint correction. Then you have the pad, yellow foam pads simply don't have much cut. Try a microfiber cutting pad from Meguiars. They are amazing. This is the product. M105 is one of the best cutting compound on the market. You might be able to get a little more cut with other products, but I would say that changing pads and/or machine would be a better solution. When you are done with this bottle of M105, try D300. D300 is better than M105 in almost every way. I am not sure if it cuts more, probably not, but it doesn't dust at all and have much longer work time. When you combine it with a microfiber cutting disk and a long throw machine it can do miracles

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.