autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Klasse sealant, what am I doing wrong?

I used, Clay, Pinnacle compound, Pinnacle finished polish then klasse sealant. It looked really good and uniformed after the polish. I cannot seem to apply the klasse sealant well enough to get it perfect. You can only really see streaking/irregularities on the hood.
    Anyway hear is a video
    https://youtu.be/Ed2A7rKyzGI

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Klasse sealant, what am I doing wrong?

I've only used klasse one time mainly due it being so difficult to work with. There's to many better products out there that are not as tricky to work with. That being said try using a quick detailed to remove the streaks. That was the only way I could get them to go away.

Post Thanks / Like

Ross, I will use Klasse AIO (red bottle) by machine but I apply the sealant glaze by hand with a small applicator. To me, it looks like too much dry pad is rubbing the paint.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I primed the pad with the sealant. I had already done the car 1.5 times

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Morrison View Post
    I've only used klasse one time mainly due it being so difficult to work with. There's to many better products out there that are not as tricky to work with. That being said try using a quick detailed to remove the streaks. That was the only way I could get them to go away.
    Same sentiment here. Maybe 30 years ago it had the advantage of little or no competition and the difficulty of use was tolerable because there were no alternatives. Today you won't hear any pros tout it unless they are totally old school and don't care about what modern chemistry has rendered in the last twenty or so years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

So if you're doing a "WOWO" application, after you work it around with your PC, go back and wipe it down with a MF towel. There's two ways to do SG, one is to wipe it on and wipe it off before it dries, the other is to put it on so thin you can't even really see it, wait for it to dry, and wipe it off then.

Post Thanks / Like

First, you probably put on too much product. That stuff works best when you almost don't use it all.

Now, you could just wait and wash and dry the car. The excess will wash off and the car will look great. If you're not willing to wait, hit it with a spray detailer and wipe. Or, use a damp cloth, wipe and follow with a dry cloth. One hand on, one hand off.

RSW

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RSW View Post
    First, you probably put on too much product. That stuff works best when you almost don't use it all.

Now, you could just wait and wash and dry the car. The excess will wash off and the car will look great. If you're not willing to wait, hit it with a spray detailer and wipe. Or, use a damp cloth, wipe and follow with a dry cloth. One hand on, one hand off.

RSW
    Did you see the video? If he puts any less product that what was in that video he might as well just give it a whiff of vapor and be done with it.

Post Thanks / Like

You can see from the video that the whole pad was covered and spreading something right from the start. I thought it was Klasse, but maybe it was something else. In any case, the rest of what I wrote would likely work.

RSW

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=ross93;1501808]I used, Clay, Pinnacle compound, Pinnacle finished polish then klasse sealant. It looked really good and uniformed after the polish. I cannot seem to apply the klasse sealant well enough to get it perfect. You can only really see streaking/irregularities on the hood.
    Anyway hear is a You kinda polished and worked it into the paint.Same thing happens with collinite.Just skim over the area once to cover and move on to many section passes coat and go.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast