autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

2" and 3" pad choices

Hey. New to the forums here. Signed up looking for advice for some pads for some Harbor freight mini polishers I recently bought. One confusion I have is understand if these are rotary or some form of random action. The 2in has some sort of camber 'random' rotation, but I'm not sure if that makes it true random.
    3 in polisher 60611 - pretty sure it's M6 1.0 thread for the plate.
    3 in. Air Polisher Kit
    2 in polisher/sander 93629 - pretty sure it's 1/4 x 24 thread for the plate.
    Mini Orbital Air Sander

I'm trying to pair up a decent line with both. I will be using these both on gelcoat (boat) and cars. I've been searching the site, but find it hard to search by diameter, and even more confused when I find multiple choices. So far I've ran across:
    LC Mini hybrid. I think there's tapered and flat here.
    Buff and Shine 3" (has a good wool line-up)
    Flex rotary 2"
    LC hydro

I'm frankly getting confused on pads for rotary vs DA since I don't really know the difference (pad wise) and how that pairs up with my polishers. I can try and get more information on the polishers if that's necessary. N00b here could use a little help
    Thanks
    Pete

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2" and 3" pad choices

No love for Harbor Freight stuff around here? I know autogeek doesn't sell it ( I do buy stuff from autogeek too...) and it's not a Rupes, but there's enough reviews out there that indicate it's a decent setup for a novice like me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by peteopp View Post
    No love for Harbor Freight stuff around here? I know autogeek doesn't sell it ( I do buy stuff from autogeek too...) and it's not a Rupes, but there's enough reviews out there that indicate it's a decent setup for a novice like me.
    3" pads there are a lot of options. 2" car pros, buff and shine makes some microfiber and Rupes has 2" pads they sell for the ibird. I use mostly the 1" pads for my ibird. Did you typ in 3" pads and 2" pads in the search engine on the store site??

Just an FYI, you're not supposed to post links to competitors products.
    2015 F-150 Crew Cab Lariat
    2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

DaveT435. Thanks for the info, I'll remove those now.

I did a search, that's why i posted what I found. What i'm confused about IS the amount of choices I found. Maybe I'm over-thinking it and they're all valid/fine choices.

Ok, apparently time has expired already for editing the first post. Know better going forward, sorry about that.